Dec 20, 2020

Stacking the Shelves--Birthday Edition!

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

This was a pretty good week! It was my birthday week and I also decided to take Thursday and Friday off, so that means 3 weeks in a row of 3-day work weeks! Yay!! My coworkers also surprised me with a balloon, cookie cake, and a lovely little gift! I was so surprised when I walked in that morning! It was so thoughtful! The rest of the week was pretty quiet and Thursday and Friday I stayed home reading and enjoying my book! My mom started baking Christmas cookies on Friday so after I finished my current read I helped her out instead of starting another one!

 

Here's what I got this week:

 

Call of Vultures by Kate Kessler--still need to start this series...and read the one she wrote before this one!
The Companion by Katie Alender
Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Don't Look Back by Christie Craig--still need to read the second book too!
Sinister Lang Syne by Colleen Gleason--I still need to read this series of hers, but this was a freebie download in her newsletter, so I couldn't say no! Lol!


Then my TBTBSanta gift arrived this week...and naturally, I couldn't wait until Christmas to open it! LOL! It was absolutely perfect:

My horde includes:

The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennet
A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum
Purple Ornaments
2 candles
2 journals
Disney sitckers
a RUGRATS PUZZLE!!
Christmas socks!
a sticking filled with mini peanut butter cups
MORE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!
Disney bookmarks
a Belle ornament

It was PERFECT! THANK YOU Dai!!



For review I received:


Curses by Lish McBride (ARC)--I love fairy tale retellings, whether it's gender swapped or not! It's bound to catch my eye for being a fairy tale retelling regardless!
Small Favors by Erin A. Craig (ARC)--loved her first book and excited for this new fantasy that has the same chill factor!



And then I was surprised to get my preorder gift for Tales from the Hinterland already! You won't hear my complaining for getting it early! Yay!

THANK YOU Flatiron Books!!



Then one of my more bookish birthday gifts was:


I'm totally blanking on which bookish shop had this! I had my mom preorder it when it released, but I am totally drawing a blank on where it came from! Lol!



I bought the latest Disney Key, because yes, I'm a Disney Dork! Lol!


Then I bought this cute pin hoop for my Christmas pins, which I just need one more to make it look pretty, so until I get that one I held off putting what I have on it. I want to know what size pins I'm working with before I start punching into the fabric! Lol!



And that was pretty much it for me! What all did you get this week?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!