Nov 2, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Uma had no idea how people could eat at Ursula's. You'll take it how I make it was the house slogan, and so far, no one had the courage to complain." p 40


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Rise of the Isle of the Lost
AUTHOR: Melissa de la Cruz

PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: MG Disney
RELEASE DATE: May 23, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Would Hand to Someone Who Claims to Not Like Reading (and is open to Parnormal/Fantasy reads)

 

*in no particular order

 

10. OBSIDAIN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--this one was just super fun! Plus, they'd get other book recommendations in it too!
9. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas--pending that I was talking to a mature teen at least! I wouldn't let my almost 13 year old niece have at this one yet. But I loved the B&tB vibes of this story!
8. FROM BLOOD AND ASH by Jennifer L. Armentrout--again, pending that they were an older teenager for sure since this is New Adult! But I loved the dynamics between Poppy and Hawk!



7. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--the perfect fantasy read for the reader looking to get into the genre!
6. NOCTURNE by Syrie James--my love of vampires and B&tB made this an immediate favorite! Definitely a nice one to introduce readers to vampires (but on an adult level)
5. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones--omg this book had me loling. I think if the older (18+) reader is looking for someone to make them laugh as well as a good mystery, this book is sure to convert them!





4. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--a book with magic, witches, curses, and time traveling? What's not to love?
3. VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead--the book that brought me back to YA...as an adult! So yeah, there's something to this one that is just magical!
2. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--naturally! This was the book that I deemed "made me a reader." The story just captivated me and spawned a love for vampires and other things that go bump in the night!



1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--I mean, you knew this one was coming right? A story of sisterly love, magic, secrets and mysteries...this book, this series, held me so captivated that it's a world I would happily return to again and again!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!