May 8, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Hey all! Another mundane week to report on. I took Friday off as I had family come into town. I had anticipated that we could maybe do a nice little shopping day somewhere in our weekend as I was in desperate need of a new wallet. Friday was nice...yet it was a little cold for the outdoor outlet mall as it was a little rainy, but the rain stopped well before noon. Then Saturday was super nice, but I guess I was the only one in the shopping mood because we just went to one store that I went to last weekend, which they had nothing new since my visit. So it was a bit disappointing. Then we had to go home, for more company was arriving in an hour at that time. My car was the last one in and I buried three cars deep, so I really couldn't just go out by myself, plus it didn't feel right to leave everyone. Today for Mother's Day my mom wants to go the winery, so that's where we will be all day. So basically on a weekend where I had hoped to go out and do things, all I ended up doing was sitting around a table doing absolutely nothing. And next week we're getting a horrid taste of summer with temps in the 90s so there's no way in hell I'm stepping outside for the outlet mall...so I am pretty sure it will be another weekend of sitting around doing nothing. Sometimes I feel like the only one in my family who actually wants to go out and do things. Working from home all day everyday really makes me want to leave on the weekends if just for a little while and DO something. Instead, all I get to do is sit around all week and work, then sit around and do absolutely nothing on the weekend, and today we're basically moving our sitting around and doing nothing to a winery. I'm not a wine person myself, so I'm bringing a book and sitting somewhere shady and reading until it's time to go home. I've heard the same conversations pretty much all weekend long, and I've nothing to contribute...so yeah. I am hoping there's a shady spot next to their sunny spot.

Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to get that off my chest since I can't really complain to my family. Lol. They enjoy sitting around doing nothing all day everyday for some reason!


And because I didn't get to get out this week, I didn't get to buy any new books other than the one I had preordered back at one of B&N's sale. Part of the reason I wanted to get out yesterday was to buy a new release or two, but then I figured my Indie store was going to be packed due to the insanely gorgeous weather we had yesterday and since I was looking to head down wayyyy too late in the afternoon, it just wasn't worth the hassle and possible lecture on being rude to mess with any of it.

Here's what I got:

Tear Down the Throne by Jennifer Estep--keeper copy!


For review from the publisher I received:

Dig Two Graves by Gretchen McNeil--I was on two different tours this year and my copy for the second tour was a little late, but still much appreciated as I loved this book!


THANK YOU Disney Hyperion!


And then I ordered quite a bit of bookish art over the last two months and it all arrived this week!



First up is this gorgeous print I bought from A Court of Candles. It's of Jacks and Evangeline from Once Upon a Broken Heart, created by Jemlin C. and omigosh it is soooo pretty!



Then I bought an assortment of Caraval art from AlsacesArt on Etsy! She lives in Spain, so it took awhile for travel time for it to arrive. I am in love with every piece though! The top 2 and bottom left were a set of sorts of all our favorite couples and I'm guessing the bottom right was maybe an earlier piece? There weren't any artist signatures and looking back on the shop page I couldn't really see anything that says otherwise...but it's also in Spanish...which I did not do well in! Lol. THEN I got free FBAA postcard art print and I LOVE that too! Truly happy with all these pieces! I'm looking to put them all in nice photo album type compilation!



Then my last order was my A Touch of Magic Designs order for the Ukraine Charity drop and April drop! I, naturally, ordered the Jacks and Evangeline print, and beneath that was one of Grace and Macy! It's double-sided but I forgot to take a picture of their "human" side, this was my freebie print to cover shipping between the two. Okay, I think the next one is Gwen? Was that it? I still need to read ACOSF...aiming for Memorial Day weekend at this rate! Lol. But since she was a bookie character, I immediately added it to my cart for that! Then I picked the FBAA as my freebie print as I'm not a TOG fan and didn't care for that one. I got the one of Lou from Serpent and Dove, then I thought this one of Ariel was just too pretty! And I think this one of Feyre was another bonus print from the Ukraine Charity, but I can't precisely recall.

And it's harder to see, but I got the Addie Larue Bakery pin, because I can't stop collecting these even when it's NOT my fandom! They are just too cute and gorgeous to say no to! Then there as a cute little magnet of Crescent City as another little gift! Totally the best order I've made from them yet!



So my credit card is weeping but my TBR pile is doing pretty good at this point since I didn't add any new books to it...though I still need to buy them, so I guess it didn't do anything in the long run! Lol. What did you all get this week?








 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!