Jun 9, 2022

Random Thursday

 

Time to learn more fun facts from history in True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t by Shane Carley. I'm already worrying about what I will fill these posts with in the coming months since I'm just about finished with the fun facts from this one. I might need to change up what I do here on Thursdays. We shall see!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

In the 18th century the average height for a man was about 5'6", nowadays the average height is 5'10".


According to Google, Paul Rudd is 5'10", hence the picture! Lol.



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Teddy Roosevelt was shot once when he was delivering a speech...he finished the speech. 


Wonder where he was shot then, because ow!



(image borrowed from History)

Stalin practiced the earliest form of photoshop before there were even computers. He was known for erasing people from pictures when they left his inner circle. Pictures of him with advisors would dwindle over time as they left.


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Rumor has it that Lyndon B. Johnson modified the White House showers to shoot a jet of water directly at his p***s. Apparently this was verified in Kate Andersen Brower's The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House.


I mean, okay?



(image borrowed from Encyclopedia Britannica)

Did you know that The Black Death killed a third of Europe's population in just five years?


I never realized the numbers were so big!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!