Jun 12, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--The Super Cool Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well, though we still have over a week left in Spring, Summer has officially arrived...and I am counting down the days to that one week of Fall weather we get before it turns to Winter! One thing to know about Summers in St. Louis is that they are insanely hot and the humidity is super high! I get nauseous walking out to the mailbox, it is that bad! You'd think living here all my life, I would be used to it...I am not! Other than dreadful weather the week was pretty mundane. Work is slowly picking up, there are good days and not so good days. It's good being busy but what I don't like is having the vendors want to reach out to me before I've even had time to open my email. Legit had that one day this week and I was like, seriously? Yes, I'm working from home, and though I get my laptop setup plenty early I still don't clock on/sign in/open email until that clock turns 8! 

The week was sprinkled with goodness towards the end of it! It's always fun when the packages start rolling in and when you knew things were coming but can't always remember what was supposed to come first! And there were surprises! I love surprises! So here's what I got:


Forging Silver Into Stars by Brigid Kemmerer--keeper copy!
For the Throne by Hannah Whitten--I still need to read the first book but thought it best to buy the final one to read back-to-back! Also, really annoyed that B&N once again neglected to tell me of their online sale Tuesday! What's the point of paying for a membership if you don't even get that kind of notice?!
A Rip Through Time by Kelley Armstrong--keeper copy! I totally forgot to go to the store the weekend of its release. I felt shameful. 


For review from the publisher I received the most awesome ARC BOX!! I was ecstatic to see this one coming up the driveway!

Stealing Infinity by Alyson Noel (ARC)
it came with pencils
a necklace--hopefully I will learn its meaning in the book!
a super cool magnetic-sand hourglass!


THANK YOU Entangled Teen!!


Then I also got a super cool box filled with Street Team swag and preorder incentives from Crystal Smith! I was on the Street Team for Greythorne and my goodies were delayed due to unforeseen events, but they have arrived and I was so excited to see them! I even posted a video on Instagram...my first unboxing video. I didn't narrate what I was opening though as I was taking a 5 minute work break, and things get a little wavy with the camera at the end as I opened another box within the main box! So watch carefully! ;)

I got a collection of bookmarks
crystal sugar lollipops
a collection of stickers
a button
a necklace
a mini map
a pocket mirror
a keychain
and an adorable handmade mini snow globe!


THANK YOU Crystal!!


Then I sent in a SASE to Kim Harrison to get her latest book freebie item! I've been collecting her freebies pretty much since The Hollows went hardcover at book 5! I wasn't entirely sure if I'd get one with my book I ordered from her store, so to be safe, I sent in the SASE and my freebie arrived this week:

I read an ARC of Trouble with the Cursed already, so I know exactly what this is! I love how creative Kim has gotten with her freebies and finding just the right, lightweight item to send out! That she can always find something cool to tie in with her books is another plus!


THANK YOU Kim (& Guy)!!


Then I ordered myself a new tote bag from one of my book sleeves dealers (lol) at Fandom Sleeves. Yes, my book sleeve addiction had finally been put to rest...for the most part. Working from home means I don't need to protect my book on my commute, but when I saw Maribel was creating tote bags out of spare fabric squares I knew I needed one! Just one, I swear! My tote bag collection is still pretty big back from my convention days! 

Ah, how I miss RT...

I did one side Disney and one side spooky for my eclectic personality! Lol. What's also funny is I have at least 3 book sleeves made from these patches of fabric!



And finally, my last goodie was yet another book sign from Bookish Signs and More! I had seen a few cute little "book review" signs floating around and at the last sale, I decided I needed one! I thought it would be fun to (try) to get in the habit of posting quick little pictures to let people know when I have a review up. Though...if I am reading a kindle book that will be difficult, so we'll see where things go on that front! But I decided to go with the same color as my library sign as it kind of matches my blog...and will look pretty on my black bookcases where I imagine taking a lot of these quick pictures! 

One of these days I hope to get around to doing a blog makeover, but as I've been happy with my design I haven't sought out a new template. But if I do, it will definitely still have purple in it! Lol.



And that was it for me! It wasn't a bad week at all! What did you get this week?

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!