Sep 25, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--The Ballad of Broken Hearts Pt 2

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well it was another week. One filled with heartbreak and tragedy! Hence the subtitle of my post. I was all set and excited to see Stephanie Garber on tour in Naperville this week! It's a 4.5 hour drive--one way--but I was totally ready! And alas, two hours before the event was to start, I heard it was canceled as Stephanie caught Covid. I felt my world crashing down and was ready to cry. Just for everything. Not being able to see Stephanie, for a 4.5 drive that led to nothing. It was just rough. I was able to collect my book early as the publisher is trying to reschedule the rest of the tour...I'm crossing my fingers to the point of cutting off circulation that they can choose a Friday or Saturday for the reschedule as I used a day and a half of vacation hours for essentially nothing. So I am not even 100% certain if I can make the redo signing, but I hope I can!

Other than that tragedy, the rest of the week was pretty boring. Two of my UK copies of The Ballad of Never After have been sitting in the Chicago post office since last Sunday...and yes it's driving me bats#*t crazy as I am seeing tons of other US people getting theirs. And yes, I am totally regretting not just driving up to that holding facility on Tuesday...I was delusional thinking they would be leaving Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Last I checked on Friday, they were still sitting there. So yes, I am in tears this week.

 

On the other hand, I did get some new books! Two are ones I actually plan to read! Lol.

 

Dirty Lying Faeries by Sabrina Blackburry
Defend the Dawn by Brigid Kemmerer--B&N edition!
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--stock signed!
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--GOLD stock signed!
Once Upon the Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--Indonesian edition!


Then I got my preorder goodies from Sarah Henning for The King Will Kill You:

I got a map & a signed bookplate!


THANK YOU Sarah!


And that was it for me this week! Probably starting Monday, I will be camping out by my mail box with massive extension cords. So if you need me...that's where I will be! Lol. 

What did you get this week?




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!