CHALLENGE 2: 2017 New Release Challenge
Hosted by Lexxie @ Un-Conventional Book Views & Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!
The rules for the 2017 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2017, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2017.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
There are five levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
1. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (1/3/17) [January]
2. Windwitch by Susan Dennard (1/10/17) [January]
3. The Turn by Kim Harrison (2/7/17) [January]
4. Caraval by Stephanie Garber (1/31/17) [February]
5. Cashmere by Temple West (2/14/17) [February]
6. Sparks of Light by Janet B. Taylor (8/1/17) [February]
CHALLENGE 3: 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2017 until December 31, 2017.
- Anyone can enter. You don’t have to have a blog just as long as you review your books somewhere: on your blog if you have one, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format is acceptable as long as it is the last book in a series where all books in the series have been published and no more books are currently intended to be published in the series. If an author makes a decision somewhere during the year to add on to the series, we will count both the original last book in the series and the “new last” book in the series assuming the author isn’t going to write more than one additional book. Last book published in a series doesn’t count if more books are expected to be published.
- You can list your series enders ahead of time or do a singular wrap up post. If you decide to list them up front, feel free to change them throughout the year as necessary.
- When you sign up in the linky, please use the direct link to your post about joining the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please post about it on Facebook or Twitter and include that direct link as your sign up.
- You can sign up until December 15, 2017. This allows you to join the challenge at any time during the year.
- On the 25th of every month, we will post a wrap up on both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love with a giveaway and a place for you to link up your reviews for the month. The monthly giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (ex. From January 25th 2017, to February 25th 2017). For each link to a review, you will get an (1) entry into a drawing for that giveaway. This will be open internationally.
- Monthly giveaway prizes will be an e-gift card of your choice up to $5 (USD) from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- If you miss a wrap-up post and giveaway, you can link your review the next month. Please do not try to link to one review twice. We will be verifying these.
- December will be the wrap up for the entire year. All reviews linked from January through December will be entered into a Grand Prize giveaway. Also due to Christmas, the December wrap up will post on December 23rd and will be open until January 23rd.
- You don’t have to follow Somewhere Only We Know or Words Fueled by Love to participate in the challenge, but you do have to follow both of us in order to be entered in the giveaways.
Level 1: 1 – 5
Level 2: 5 – 10
Level 3: 10 – 15
Level 4: 15+
1. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (Passenger Duology) [January]
2. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (The Wrath & the Dawn Duology) [January]
3. Fearless by Marianne Curley (The Avena Trilogy) [January]
4. Forever Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon (Doon Series) [February]
CHALLENGE 4: 2017 Discussion Challenge
- The 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2017.
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Central. (So, you can sign up all year long! Come join us!)
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is. (Please note, you may do this in an update post, or a post of other challenges—you’re not required to make a completely separate post—but you can if you’d like!)
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2017 on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January discussions. At the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both blogs for that month’s links. Every month, we’ll update this 2017 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky—so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related—no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
- If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates, though.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2017 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
- NEW THIS YEAR – Every month, we’ll feature our favorite posts from one randomly chosen participant.
- Have questions? Feel free to ask in the comments!
1-10 – Discussion Dabbler
11-20 – Creative Conversationalist
21-30 – Chatty Kathy
31-40 – Terrifically Talkative
41+ – Gift of the Gab
1. Ramble on the 90s [January]
2. Buying Books [February]
3. The Worst Movie Based on a Book [February]
4. Ch-Ch-Changes [February]
CHALLENGE 5: Rock My TBR 2017 Reading Challenge
What is Rock My TBR?OPEN TO ALL READERS! Whether you’re a reader, a blogger, a booktuber, a bookstagramer let’s all have fun and rock out those TBRs together! We all love books and let’s encourage one another.
- To read a minimum of 1 book per month that is currently published (no arcs with future dates). This challenge is totally what YOU make of it! You can do 5 books a month, 10, WHATEVER! Anything you accomplish is fantastic. This challenge is really what you make of it.
- Find others! My favorite part about this challenge this last year was finding other people to buddy read books with me. I kept it simple and set up DM groups so we could discuss it. It really helps keep you motivated to read books you’ve been wanting to. *I always pick a book of the month that I buddy read. Check in with me if you want to join!
- Make a list! If you
want, create a list of books you own and want to read then post it,
tweet it, video it and try to find other who want to read the same book.
Buddy reading is so much fun! It’s great having other people to
fangirl/fanboy with while you’re currently reading. This is optional but
I think it’d be fun!
- Use the hashtag #RockMyTBR for current discussion and to help you find other’s posts and even look for people to buddy read with you!
🎸Monthly Wrap Up:
- At the end of the month, update us on how you’re doing with the challenge. This can be done on Twitter, on your blog, a Booktube video, YOU NAME IT!
1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (1/5/16) [January]
2. The Moth and the Flame by Renee Ahdieh (3/22/16) [January]
3. The Crown and the Arrow by Renee Ahideh (3/1/16) [January]
4. The Mirror and the Maze by Renee Ahdieh (4/26/16) [January]
5. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (4/26/16) [January]
6. Fearless by Marianne Curely (7/1/15) [January]
7. Velvet by Temple West (5/12/15) [February]
8. Crimson Dagger by Morgan Rhodes (9/20/16) [February]
9. Forever Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon (8/2/16) [February]