Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.
Another week in the books! Work was a little intense this week. I feel like things have been rough this last month since we lost two of our team members due to layoffs and it's almost a little unpleasant, but I think we're trying to work through things. I don't know. It's also hard since we're all remote and things are still busy. I feel like some of our teamwork has dwindled. Now it's just a "can someone else do this for me" instead of "can I get some help on this thing" or "can someone trade me this for that?" I feel like losing 1/3 of our team during our busy season was not helpful to us.
Outside of the work realm...things were good. The renovations on my new place are chugging along. We're basically working it one floor at a time in multiple stages. We've torn out all the carpet from the top floor and took out all the flooring on the main level. The basement was unfinished so we gave that a decent cleaning. I think we landed on doing a basement floor paint and giving the walls some paint to brighten things up. My kitchen has been demolished as the cabinets weren't of great quality and my parents wanted me to have a little something better since my home wasn't built with extra storage in mind. Essentially the house is a good size for me, we just need to make a few improvements so I can definitely maximize my storage and being able to get all the things I've accumulated for my household into my house. Might be awhile until I can actually move in, but at least I'm not in a rush to move in.
I also got the rest of my UK copies of The Mirror of Infinite Endings! From what I ordered for myself I got 3/4 covers and a friend in the UK helped me to get the Tesco edition which has my final cover! So I am all set! Just have to wait to arrange shipping and payment with her once she's able to get it mailed out! Such a relief to have all 4 in my collection. I ultimately ordered 6 copies--1 was Goldsboro, 1 was the standard and 4 were Waterstones. I think next time I might just go with 5 (keeping the Goldsboro in that number). I definitely need to get on some site so I can try selling some of my extras from years past! I just need to set my account up to sell and take allllll the pictures and load them up and all that good jazz. Especially with a house to take care of and pay for, I am going to need a little extra funds. It will help once I can go through all my books again and see if there are other special editions I no longer need.
But anyway onto the goods of the week!
Cursed City by Kate Golden
Death by Kristin Cast
Land of Oz edited by Marie O'Regan & Paul Kane
The Emperor's Enemy by Jasmine Mas--B&N edition. Yes, I still need to read this one but I had a compulsion to buy all three before they disappeared! Plan on reading it next, which breaks my duology rule, but I am super excited for it!
Threshing Day by Rebecca Yarros
Escape Me by Tahereh Mafi
The Lost Spectacular by Zoe Duhaime
The Dreamless by Jen Williams
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--Standard edition with the Broken Heart
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--Goldsboro edition, #232 and it was the Pie!
Not pictured are two more Waterstones that ended up being duplicate hidden covers.
Legendary by Stephanie Garber
Finale by Stephanie Garber
Spectacular by Stephanie Garber



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!