Feb 27, 2009

Review--White Witch, Black Curse

Okay, I finished the book yesterday, but due to my laptop not working whatsoever, I was unable to finish my post from Tuesday. Yeah, I sooo need to get my laptop fixed, I'm working on it.

Anyway, I could not put this book down, of course I had to when I had to go to class. Stupid college. The book was sooo good, and of course it left a little of this and a little of that hanging to carry onto the next book.

Rachel did manage to track down her boyfriend's killer with the help of her friends and she regained her memory back of what had happened that night Kisten died. That was a verrrryyy interesting chapter. Of course it was towards the end, one of the very last chapters in fact. But lots of other good stuff was going on, it was the holidays! After Christmas but before the new year. And whoa, a lot happened in those few days!

There are also the return of a few characters that I was sooo not expecting, that was just great. They actually came from two of Kim's short stories, one from Dates from Hell and the other from Holidays are Hell, while the book does tell you who these characters are and where they came from, it does help to have read them. The title of her story in Dates from Hell, was Undead in the Garden of Good and Evil then the other story from Holidays are Hell is titled Two Ghosts for Sister Rachel. Reading them will be very helpful for when reading Kim's lastest release, it will give you the whole story, obivously, and not just the brief reference.

And I won't say which one, but if you read White Witch, Black Curse you'll know, one of these characters might be back in the next book.

It doesn't take much for me to admit that I am addicted to Kim's Hollow Series, her characters are fresh and you can easily fall in love with them. Jenks, the smart-mouthed pixie, is by far one of my favorite characters, he has such a way with words--I'll have to leave it at that, if you want to know why I say this then you will have to read the series.

For those of you who are new to the series, it is important to read the books in order, when I was new to the series I started to read the second one first by mistake and I was really confused with several references to past events. I forgot how far I got before I finally discovered that there was another book before it.

So in order, here are the books:

Book 1: Dead Witch Walking
Book 2: The Good, The Bad, and the Undead
Book 3: Every Which Way But Dead
Book 4: A Fistful of Charms
Book 5: For a Few Demons More
Book 6: The Outlaw Demon Wails
Book 7: White Witch, Black Curse

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!