Apr 2, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back from Dayton, Ohio and pretty wiped and yet still energized! It was a looong trip with traffic jams both ways at one point, but it was a very fun trip!

I got to see Maria V. Snyder, Julie Kagawa, and Mara Purnhagen, plus 3 other debut authors there and it was most enjoyable!


Maria was actually "voted" to do the into and it was very last minute kind of thing, but she did a very good job at winging it!

I wore my specialized Maria shirt! It has a very famous quote by Janco on the front and the back says Maria's Study Hall--for when I got it those were her published books! And Julie loved it!

Afterwards Maria and I, along with my mom who drove me{because despite being 23 years old I look like I'm in high school! A shop owner even asked me if I was on spring break shopping and I was like, nooo,I have my degree but am job hunting right now. So yeah, kinda needed someone else to make this trip with}--who's the coolest mom ever!, all went out for drinks and chatted for awhile! 

It was a really fun night and I totally enjoyed it! It made the long drive and quick trip totally worth it because not only did I get to hang out with Maria again, but I got to meet other GREAT authors too!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jess!:D I'm glad you had fun and you got to meet those awesome authors!*jealous*

    P.S. I know the feeling, I'm 23 and asked if I already finished high school all the time too!LOL

    Have a nice weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Looks like a great time!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you had so much fun! =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!