Apr 7, 2011

*Review--Betrayal by Mayandree Michel*

Where there is love and power, there is always... betrayal.

At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the mysterious boy from her dreams, who reveals who and what she is – a descendant of the Greek gods. At that moment everything she knows of her world is a lie, and she must leave the present and go into the past to assume the role she was put on this earth for – safeguarding her ancient empire amidst evil forces that toil hastily to destroy it.

In a race against time, Cordelia must decide if she is truly a part of this dangerous world, or risk defying the gods, and ultimately lose the boy who has put a claim on her heart.

Mayandree Michel's Betrayal was an interesting read. I was really excited for it since it had Greek mythology woven into the story and it was great! There were even vampires! The storyline itself was interesting as well with Cordelia dying like in the second chapter and being taken away to another time to live her old life, the life she left behind!

Yeah, kind of complicated but it's explained rather well. My problem with the book was that it took a long time to read. There was a lot of descriptive language and while nice as it was, sometimes it ran a little too long. For the last several chapters I was skimming the words to find out what was happening, so I might have missed a few details here and there, but I did catch onto quite a bit and it was all just shocking! 

Cordelia has an entire past she needs to remember involving people and it's hard to figure out who in this time and life she can trust. The characters were fabulous and well-rounded, didn't have a problem with any there, again the pacing was my main problem. While it could have been a really excellent novel there was just too much extra words in the way of the action. It kind of detracted from what was happening at times.

Overall rating then is 3/5, the pacing is what really brought the book down for me, but it was still a very interesting read.

This was another .99 read on my Kindle if you feel up to reading it! Click here to purchase.

Betrayal was also apart of my 2011 Debut Author Challenge

7 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! Even if the pacing is slow... Thanks for the review Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this as well! I got it for my Nook last week. :) Glad you enjoyed it, even if it was a bit slow. :) Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for purchasing and reviewing Betrayal. Your thoughts are noted. I am just so excited that to have your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only other mythology book I've read is Goddess Test but this sounds interesting.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi-I am very glad that we are now mutual followers and look forward to your future posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your review on this! Im very excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound interesting, but I am not sure that it would be for me.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!