Apr 5, 2011

Review--My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

Teenager Alice Bonham's life feels crazy after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave, he's unlike anyone she knows. Then she meets his brother, Peter. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. Falling for two guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood.

Amanda Hocking's My Blood Approves is sort of a Vampire Diaries meets Twilight. There's vampire family love, there's two irresistible vampire bros the girl is caught between and yet it was still a rather good read! As you know I'm not really a Twilight fan, but I wasn't disgusted or annoyed with this book at all.

Some parts were a little "eye-roll-y", but that can happen with any book when something eye-roll worthy occurs. Basically here the story goes that Alice finds herself falling for Jack the vampire and once she finally learns that he's a vamp still wants to be with him. 

Yet there is some strange connection between her and Peter, his vampire bro and yet Peter doesn't seem to want her. There's still a connection between them that even he acknowledges, but tries to deny.

The storyline is kind of simple and sometimes predictable as teen vampire romance goes, but again it was still enjoyable. And the ending, while not cliffhanger like, still leaves you wondering what choices Alice will have to make. Sure, some were made here in the first book, but you know that's not the end. Especially with 3 other books in the series. I definitely will have to add these to my Kindle as soon as I get my TBR pile down a few books!

Overall rating 3.5/5 stars

You can read this book on Amazon Kindle for only .99!! What a deal!

6 comments:

  1. Great review. Sometimes though typical romances can be good reads. I have a few I really like. As long as the story surrounding it has something more to offer. I am going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Amanda Hocking's books. You should definitely continue with this series. It gets a lot more intense :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic review. I've got this on my kindle and will have to get around to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good review. The story seems to be interesting^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, this does sound like something that I would like to read.

    I'm a new follower, but I have been enjoying reading around your blog.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few of Amanda's books on my Kindle but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet... Must get my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!