Sep 6, 2026

Stacking the Shelves--The Great September First Haul

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


Another week down in the books. It was a shorter week since I took time off since my aunt came in town for a visit. It's our busy season and we're steadily picking up and just before I left I learned the unfortunate news that two of my coworkers were let go in a series of layoffs we had happen a month ago. It was a blow that I didn't see coming and yet thinking back, I was suspected something as we had a meeting one day and I remember my coworkers both not being online that day and they weren't scheduled to be off. But then life returned to normal and I thought maybe it was a fluke. Sadly, it was not. Our team just got a little smaller right in the thickest of our busy season, so things are definitely going to be a little more intense until our team can find our grove again on a shorter staff.

The house front is still moving along nicely. We are trying to see if we can move closing up a week as I am eager to get in and start making some updates with my parents' help. I finally learned that the paperwork I was told I needed to sign with the incorrect information was just the "initial" disclosures and not necessarily final as I continued to go through them I found more mistakes and I was like why are we having these? I think this was the info I gave when I first started my "loan" application over three years ago, so nearly everything was wrong! Lol. But the pages were signed, I will have updated and corrected ones for the "final" disclosures...which really, someone ought to have told me they were INITIAL as no one did! But it's taken care of now I suppose. Guess I will see when the final ones come into play and now it's just more of a waiting game. Waiting to see what more is needed on my end and what other steps I need to take. Pretty much just waiting on directions now! Lol.

I attended one signing this week to see J. Elle and Britney Lewis again! It was a fun night! I almost was going to go to the Rachel Gillig event but then skipped it since I wasn't going to meet the author, get a picture signed, or any other books signed. It was basically an in-person virtual event. Which just wasn't worth it to me, but I did still pickup my signed book because that was worth it at least! Lol.


As for books...oh boy! I forgot how many September 1 releases I had this week!








Rebel: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu
Divine Oaths by Elizabeth Agyemang
The Wolf Queen's Curse by Kaylee Armstrong
The Endless One by Emma Hamm
The Heart Trials by J. Elle--
SIGNED!
The Knave and The Moon by Rachel Gillig--SIGNED!
Our Strange Duet by Erin A. Craig
We Are For the Dark by Gretchen McNeil
Cursebreaker by R.M. Gray



Then I received by Fairy Loot edition of Tides of Fortune! Since this was an announced sequel that FL showed off, I decided to show off its pretty cover and edges!


Tides of Fortune by Lauryn Hamilton Murray--Fairy Loot edition!



Then my replacement Hemidall coin from LitJoy Crate's Illuminae Files Kickstarter arrived and it is super cool! My geeky self is so happy about this! Lol.





And that was it for me this week! What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!