Nov 19, 2009

Review--Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2


FROM THE BIGGEST NAMES IN VAMPIRE ROMANCE, 25 TALES OF A HUNGER LIKE NO OTHER

This bloodthirsty collection of vampire romance includes thrilling new stories from bestselling and award-winning authors such as Jordan Summers, Jaye Wells, Larissa Ione, Jeanne C. Stein, and Deborah Cooke. You'll encounter gothic romance and gritty contemporary tales of urban vampire love, from stand alone short stories to well-loved (and feared) characters from established series.

These vampires are ruthless but tortured, paranormally sensitive and sexually mesmerizing.

FORGET THE EVERYDAY WORLD. FORGET THE RULES. SUCCUMB TO A DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE.

As usual school kept me from reading at a faster pace. And this book was no exception, plus it was over 500 pages so yeah it took a little longer than I would have liked.

I have enjoyed the first The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance as well as the Paranormal Romance one too. There are many great short stories by a lot of great authors!

There were 25 stories and they all were great. Some may not have been my cup of tea, but I still found them enjoyable. Some are set in the past and some are modern day. Some are from the author's leading series--that I know of, some authors in here I have not read before so I would not know--and some of them have stand alone series just as the back of the book says.

Most of the vampires were very thrilling, all dark and seductive--cliche I know. But they sound a lot better than the sparkly ones! Hey I still plan on seeing New Moon tomorrow, so I don't totally hate Twilight. That's really a conversation on its own. ;)

I enjoy reading these anthologies because there are always so many authors in them and you can find someone new to read when you are between books or looking for something to read. I enjoyed a lot of the stories, they were all very gripping and I really felt for the couples involved.

I don't know what more to say about the book since there were many authors and stories. Overall it was very pleasing to read and I look forward to another anthology like this soon. Here's hoping there might be a Paranormal Romance 2 this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!