Apr 8, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

MY ANSWER:


This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Do you judge a book by it's cover?

MY ANSWER: I use to hate this expression and never abide by it, but nowadays I find myself doing that. If I see too many naked bodies on the cover then I know the book's not for me.

As many of you know I totally adore Shannon Delany's 13 to Life series and at first all I saw was the cover and it totally captivated me! I had to read it! It was just one of the most stunning covers I ever seen! I'm a sucker for moons, woods and werewolves. Which this had all 3!

Covers are what give us that 1-second decision to see if the book is meant for us. Like I said, I don't usually go for the covers with the naked bodies on it, because I know it's usually not my kind of read, yet still be the right read for someone else. There are series I adore but don't really care for the covers. But that's what the Hide-a-Covers are for! Now I just need to get me a trade-paperback size... ;)

12 comments:

  1. LOL!! I agree about the naked bodies. I have three kids, so I can't have anything like that laying around anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,

    thnx for stopping by my blog.
    I am so glad that I am nog the only one who judges a book by it's cover!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica!

    My comments up! I'm on Eastern Time and it seems everyone is.... NOT! LOL!

    Stop back by if you get a chance!

    Kristi-The Book Faery's FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is always what draws me in at first! If I don't like it, it can take me a while to give it a chance! I'm already a follower! My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, a cover's not everything, but a good cover is going to appeal to a certain type of reader. Girl with a sowrd in her hand? UF readers are going to grab that. Girl holding a flower? YA. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, except about the nakedness, lol. I buy those on my kindle so they're not out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica, just stopping by on the follow. Thx for visiting me. I hear ya about the covers being embarassing! I was reading an erotica at the dentist office and everyone was looking at me, it was because of the cover. The cover had a chick all tied up! LOL
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I second that! I don't like book covers with too much skin on them.:)) Sometimes, Paranormal Romance books have these covers with shiny, naked people and weird positions, and some of them may hide a good story, but I rarely pick them by the cover.
    But a book I picked up just by the cover and loved it was Wither by Lauren DeStefano. :D

    Have a fabulous weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, this is my first time to participate in The Friday Follow My Blog Hop-A lot of the 500 or so blogs I do follow join in every week so I thought why not try it-I will happily return all follows

    The Reading Life

    Mel u

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! :) Nice blog. Found it a little later than Friday, but I'm still following!

    I agree that I can judge covers by content as well. I kind of like the naked body covers (okay, there's a limit), but I agree with you!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I feel bad about it sometimes, but I'll read the synopsis too. Covers are such a big thing though, and authors really don't have that much say which makes the situation worse if the cover is bad.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I'm just browsing book in the bookstore I always look at the cover. If it doesn't catch my eye I don't pick it up. Sad but true.

    Hooked to Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!