Apr 22, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"

MY ANSWER: Sometimes I do. It really depends because sometimes the other books may be different if the author writes in a wide genre. Like Meg Cabot for example, I loved her Mediator series and even gave another of her books a try, but it wasn't a paranormal book so I wasn't as interested in the story so ever since then I haven't read anything else by Meg. Although I am looking forward to Abandon that comes out next week!

But usually I do go for the author's other series if it seems interesting. Like with Charlaine Harris' series. I read her Southern Vampire Novels and it wasn't until nearly the third book in her Harper Connelly series that I decided to give that a try and ended up liking it.

With authors who write both YA and adult I usually go for both as well if I'm already addicted to their first series!



This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: What is on your current playlist right now?

MY ANSWER: Uh...not much really. I don't usually tend to make playlists for myself. Although I do have one in mind. Basically the playlist I want to create is one filled with some of my old fave songs from the 90s and early 2000s. I like a lot of alternative rock and maybe some "hard", depends on how you feel like classifying it. And I do like some of the early stuff from the 90s as well.

So I plan to make a playlist of totally random songs that I loved listening to way back when! I have a few mix CDs I even made a few years back that I was going to grab songs from as well in order to create my playlist. It's going to be a totally mixed up one as well!

In other music news, my next CD that I plan on sticking in my car when I go out next is the soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show! I got it in the mail this week because prior to that some of the songs started randomly playing in my head and since I love that movie I wanted to have the soundtrack as well!

17 comments:

  1. I agree with your author strategy! I will check them out, but I might now like them... It all depends on what it is. :)

    Mandy @ Reality Bites

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting to know the bloggers! I am waiting on my first Meg Cabot book! I am very excited!

    Here are my answers:
    http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE BLOG!

    New follower from Follow Friday – come over and check out Everyday is an Adventure at http://everydayadventure11.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love music from the 90's. It was the best! Glad you like Three Days Grace as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rocky horror picture show!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend!

    Bookgirl ( My Book Addiction )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really make playlists either. I do however, have playlists for audiobooks. Right now I'm listening to Playing with Fire by Gena Showalter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was like what you mentioned--once upon a time, I developed a taste for tougher music due to looking like a very very sweet person. :-) It's a defense mechanism!

    I keep meaning to re-try Meg Cabot, but I don't know which series to try first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I watched the Rocky Horror Picture show the other week. I got my sister to watch it forthe first time...she really didn't get it lol.Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto!:) When authors write both YA and adult novels and I like one of them, I always try to check out the other as well. I wasn't disappointed with Richelle Mead and Kim Harrison, for example.
    And I really liked the music from the late 90's and early 2000's too!
    Have a nice extended weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just hopping by courtesy of the Book Blogger Hop! I agree with your answer. Just because I loved one book by an author doesn't mean I'll love all of them. That's happened quite a few times, actually. I could only think of one author whose name on the book alone would make me get the book.

    This is the second blog I've read today that mentioned Charlaine Harris. I've never read any of her books. Have any recommendations?

    Happy reading! Grace @
    feedingmybookaddiction.blogspot.com
    (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I've never heard of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Probably good though--both show and soundtrack. ;)

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for always commenting on my post! :) Haha I love you're answer this week for blog hop!
    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica!

    I looove 90's music! I listen to music randomly too, I have made a few playlists on iTunes but I just listen to whatever I feel like, and all my playlists are random to fit my various moods lol

    Have a great weekend and Easter

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never thought about it from the point of view of an author writing in different genres. Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    Thnx for stopping by my blog.
    It is good to hear that I am not the only one not having a playlist ;)

    Have a great weekend!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look at most of authors other work too.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my Hop! =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!