Apr 29, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

"Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?"
 
MY ANSWER: In YA I cannot wait for Shannon Delany's Bargains and Betrayals, book 3 in the 13 to Life series! (By now, no one should be surprised!)

Locked away at Pecan Place, Jessie finds her situation to be even more dangerous than she feared. While she struggles to maintain her sanity and discover answers about the group that seems less and less like any legitimate government agency, Pietr fights to keep their relationship alive. But very aware that his mother’s time is running out, Pietr makes a deal he doesn’t dare tell Jessie about. Because the deal Pietr’s made could mean the death of far more than his tenuous relationship with the girl he loves.







In adult fiction I cannot wait to read One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost! Need me some more Bones and Cat! But especially Bones!

The grave is one wrong step away.

Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead?


And both conveniently release on August 30, 2011! The last day of summer in my mind since September tends to be the "school" month!

This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

MY ANSWER: Aw, crap! I always hate this question. Same as what 10 books would you bring if you were deserted on an island.

Okay here we go:
Old Magic by Marianne Curley (an old fave of mine!)
The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent (6 books)
The Study Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder (3 books)

*Also I choose these because, one's a stand alone and the others are completed series. If I went with my all time faves, like 13 to Life, I would be in agony if I couldn't have the newest release. If there was a promise to have new releases than this list might be different!

17 comments:

  1. That looks like a really good book.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-blogger-hop_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked series too! I just think they would keep me better entertained! Here is my answer: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/n-spirit-of-twitter-friday-follow-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers to both questions!! I really need to read the Shift series. I love Rachel Vincent's YA series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good read.

    stop and see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog, you have a great list of books! Have a great weekend

    Bookgirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of bargains and betrayals! Looks good thou.

    Thanks for stopping by

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica, just stopping by on the follow. Thx for stopping by. I completely agree with you ten is not enough!
    I'm such a fickle reader that my choice of books changes all the time.
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.... stopping on by! I love your piracy sucks button... I hope you don't mind but I would like to put it on my blog!!!

    New Follower

    Angie

    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello and a Happy Friday!

    I am a new follower :) Have a great weekend..

    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was totally think something along this line last night (if your house were to be on fire, or something along those lines, and you were only able to grab enough books to fill a bag, which books would you take?)... And I totally said the Shifters series too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices! This really was a tough one! Check out mine too :)

    - New Follower, Cory from Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I forgot about Shifters! Gah. But great choices! Thanks for stopping by. :) Happy Friday!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pretended like books in a series count as only one book so I essentially cheated :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping by from the blog hop.

    I am finding so many books that I haven't heard of.

    Stop by my blog if you like so you can see my answer to this week's question and to enter my giveaway of DANCE LESSONS.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, I really need to read 13 to Life! It looks awesome, but I might wait until the series is finished so I don't have to wait in between... :L I love the Shifters series, they're awesome, and I agree how it would be wise not to take unfinished series... But I didn't think about that in my list :L Happy reading and thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Jessica!

    I really want to read the Shifter Series. I can't believe that we could only pick 10. There are many books that I would try to squeeze in also. This was just a really hard question. I feel like I left a lot of great books out and hopefully all the people in the bomb shelter are willing to share. We could build our own little library;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog again and I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics! More books to add to my growing TBR pile :-P

    Just hopping by ~ Jex @ Everything and Nothing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!