Apr 3, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly blog post hosted by Kirsti over at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


A decent week for books I'd say!

Last Sunday I hit another closing Borders and relooked over their bargains and found one, but since it was a second book in the series I had to go to another store and buy the first book!


Allyson James' Stormwalker and Firewalker! I ended up getting the second one for $3.50! And I had a coupon for the other so that was a deal to, it came out 2 for 1 at regular price!

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter! This took a little digging to find. I went on Thursday after it released and it wasn't on the shelf, so after asking for help the sales assistant found a copy in back! Yay!

Then in Maria V. Snyder's book trivia contest--which I always enter and am somehow always the first one to enter, since Magic Study! I got a SIGNED After Hours: Tales from the Ur-Bar copy of , an anthology of miscellaneous tales by different authors. Think Canterbury Tales!


Then I also downloaded an e-book onto my Kindle: Betrayal by Mayandree Michel. This was only .99 cents!

This is another Greek mythology themed YA book!! So can't wait to read it!

And while not a book or immensely book-related I also bought 2 necklaces from Etsy shops, Bella Lili created the smaller one layered over the larger one with beads, and Cemetery Cat created the pentagram one! I saw them both and just fell in love with them! I had to have them!


And that was my fabulous mailbox this week! What did you get?!

16 comments:

  1. Born at Midnight has been looking so good!!!! Those necklaces are really cool :)

    Enjoy the awesome books!

    Please stop by to enter my Stand for Japan giveaway!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got lots of great books! That's an awesome deal you got on the first two. I can't wait to read Born At Midnight! I hope you enjoy all your fabulous reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox! The Allyson James books look excellent. I'll be watching for your reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How excited are you to read Betrayal? The cover is beautiful and I love greek mythology too!

    Enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books!
    I've heard great things about Born at Midnight! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! I've been eyeing those Alyson James books for awhile myself! Thanks for linking up the .99 kindle book! It looks great! I just clicked over and downloaded it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you think of Born At Midnight. Also, I totally had Betrayal on My Wishlist yesterday and I never noticed that it was only 99 cents! Gotta get that one ASAP!

    As for Bite Me/ Try Me/ Fang Me... I read them, but I haven't reviewed them yet. I would really recommend getting them because a) they are awesome and b) they are free! The formatting is a bit wonky on the Kindle, but you can still totally read them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I didn't realize that Betrayal was only 99 cents for the kindle! Yay! I'm definitely picking that one up.

    Congrats on winning a signed book! I love Poison Study. Such an amazing book! I still need to read the Glass series.

    I've never heard of Stormwalker. I'll have to go check it out!

    Born at Midnight sounds great. I can't wait to see what you think about it.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of people seem to be getting Born At Midnight, I really have to look into that one! Great necklaces too. It's fun to see something besides books for a change. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog as well!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I really liked Stormwalker! Hope you enjoy it too. And to the rest of your goodies, I want them all. lol. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good! Enjoy! I'll see about getting my IMM post done sometime this week. Had a busy weekend and pregnancy is kicking my butt right now! Only a few more weeks at least!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you got yourself some great books. I'm going to have to check out the Allyson James books. They look awesome.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for letting me know about Betrayal! I'm gonna buy it =D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, you got Born at Midnight! I can't wait to receive my copy, it sounds awesome! And congrats on getting the anthology signed - signed books rock!<3
    I love the pentagram necklace!;)
    Happy reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for dropping by my site :)
    I LOVE bargain books (sad to see bookstores closing though!) but when I see a bargain book I like I have to grab it too. I just got a bunch of B&N bargain books today in the mail, so those will be in my next IMM :D

    I've seen the book Born at Midnight all over the place, the cover looks FABULOUS, at some point I'm going to read it!

    Congratz on getting the signed books too - that's awesome!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!