Apr 17, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly blog post hosted by Kirsti over at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Another semi-eventful week! There wasn't too many releases for me this week, but I didn't come out empty handed--although it remains to be seen if that's a good thing or not since I still spent some money that I don't technically have! 

First in the mail came my SIGNED bookplate from Karen Mahoney! It's already in my book!

**Sorry it's dark, it looked better on my camera, but when I used the flash it made it too bright!

Then from NetGalley I got 2 e-ARCs:

Feast by Merrie Destefano

Then for my Kindle I also bought:



Some Kindle freebies that I got were:


Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Beauty and the Beast by Marie Le Prince de Beaumont

Then in I got this one in the mail when I ordered it awhile back:
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

So I guess I didn't do too bad being that some books were free, one was a preorder and the only ones I ended up buying were the first two books in Leanna's series, because I remember hearing good things about it and decided to give them a go when Amazon had them for under $5 for Kindle books!

So what did you get this week?

16 comments:

  1. You made out pretty good. I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got The Gathering too. I look forward to reading it once I catch up on the April books for review. I've had Wings since it was free last time. Naturally, I haven't read it yet. I could be stranded on an internet-free desert island for a couple of years with my TBR stack and still come home with a bunch to read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool IMM this week! I just won a copy of The Gathering so I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice IMM. Have fun and I´m waiting for reviews. Especially for the Gathering^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week. I got The Gathering last week but I still haven't started it yet.
    I have the Percy Parker books I've read the first one - it was pretty good.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great book week! I'm curious about the Hieber books, I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you think of The Gathering! I can't wait to start it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really neat that you got a signed book plate! How pretty. :)

    Yay for Wings for free! I"ve been wanting to read it for so long. I'm excited to get started on it.

    I want to read The Gathering, too!

    I don't think I've heard of any of the other books. I'm interested in hearing how you like the Leanna Renee hieber books.

    Thanks for always stopping by my blog! :)

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Leanna's new book on is on netgalley?! Too bad I'm too backed up on books already :( But I hope you end up loving her books.
    Seems like everyone except me got The Gathering. That's okay though, I'll borrow it from someone when I'm more caught up.
    Hope you love your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice!:) Feast and The Perilous Prophecy of Guard and Goddess sound great! I can't wait to see what you think of them! (I'm on a NetGalley requesting ban, if there is such a thing... but if only they didn't tempt me with so many great books!) Oh, and you got The Gathering, I'm so jealous!<3
    Happy reading!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! I have yet to finsih reading the Darkest Powers series, but I really want to because The Gathering looks so good. Wings is a very fun book. Enjoy the rest of the books too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read those Percy Parker books -they look great!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books this week. I have requested Feast from Netgalley also. Sounds like it will be a good book

    ReplyDelete
  14. great books!

    hope you enjoy Leanna's books! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice books! Hope you'll enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice bunch! Hope you'll enjoy all your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!