Apr 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                              I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My next book I can't wait to read is Jenna Black's newest series Dark Descendant! Of course when I went out of town this past Friday, I missed some blog posts and one was over at the Deadline Dames where Jenna totally fooled me into thinking that this book along with Sirensong weren't going to be published anymore! She really had me going! I didn't even take in the address completely because I was so in shock! 

From the acclaimed author of the Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist books comes the gripping first novel in a new series about a private eye who discovers, to her surprise, that she’s an immortal huntress.
 
Nikki Glass can track down any man. But when her latest client turns out to be a true descendant of Hades, Nikki now discovers she can’t die. . . . Crazy as it sounds, Nikki’s manhunting skills are literally god-given. She’s a living, breathing descendant of Artemis who has stepped right into a trap set by the children of the gods. Nikki’s new “friends” include a descendant of Eros, who uses sex as a weapon; a descendant of Loki, whose tricks are no laughing matter; and a half-mad descendant of Kali who thinks she’s a spy. But most powerful of all are the Olympians, a rival clan of immortals seeking to destroy all Descendants who refuse to bow down to them. In the eternal battle of good god/bad god, Nikki would make a divine weapon. But if they think she’ll surrender without a fight, the gods must be crazy. . . .

 


TITLE: Dark Descendant
AUTHOR: Jenna Black
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: April 26, 2011

13 comments:

  1. This one sounds like fun. I'll have to add it to my never-ending TBR stack. Happy reading once it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very interesting. I'll have to add it to my wishlist!
    My "Waiting on" pick this week is The Magnolia League.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fascinating...hope you enjoy it!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this author or this book before, but looks like something I would read.

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good! I haven't read any Jenna Black yet, she's on my TBR but I never get around to it. Such a big TBR list!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.memyshelfandi.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really awesome! I still haven't read her Faeriewalker series, but I'm hoping to get to them soon! Is this a YA series, or an adult series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick!

    I read the entire Faerie Walker series and loved it and a lot of her other novels.
    You just can't go wrong with Jenna!

    Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower, stop by and see my WOW pick!

    Kristi-The Book Faery's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any books by Jenna Black yet, but I have this one on my TBR list. I'd love to read a new series with a great kick butt girl as the main character!:D
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping By to see what is your WoW pick :) A wonderful pick! I almost forgot about this one. Well, maybe not. There are just a million and a half that I so want to read! I'm sure you know how it goes!

    Please Stop by, I'm starting a new with a fresh look.  Let me know what you think

    Black Disaster Fairy
    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one definitely looks interesting!

    BTW, I noticed you are reading Betrayal, I bought it as soon as it came out and I can't wait to start it. How is it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHHHH!!! She looks so kick-butt and the story sounds pretty amazing too! Must add this one to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im soooo looking forward to this book! Love Jenna's work =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!