Apr 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                                         I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Moving right along into my May releases, the next book I want to read soon is Dead Reckoning. I'm really hoping that this one doesn't disappoint. The last 2-3 books in the series have sort of been a letdown. I was almost not going to get it but then the sale price had me pre-ordering it anyway!

With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realizes that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . . .

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
May 3, 2011

8 comments:

  1. I tried this series years ago but barely made it through the first book. Maybe I was too young I should try again.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get caught up on this series! I'm still on book #4. Gasp!! I hope you enjoy reading this when it comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be the last person on the planet who hasn't read any books of this series yet - and I haven't watched the show either. But I still have a feeling that it's a must read and that I should get to it asap!:) I hope you'll enjoy this one!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried and tried to read this series without luck. Glad you enjoy and hope this one is as good as the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I barely got through the first book, but I've heard the series gets better and I like the HBO show. Thanks for the post! :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have LOVED these! The last book wasn't the best out of the series but I thought the one before that was amazing. I can't wait to get to this one. I think some big things are in store for Sookie. Shari over at myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha; glad I'm not the only one waiting for this ;) hope we both enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll like this one...I promise!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!