Apr 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                            I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...

TITLE: Hard Bitten
AUTHOR: Chloe Neill
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
May 3, 2011

I soooo can't wait to read this! Reviews are already trickling in and as much as I want to read them, I'm only skimming them. I have awhile to wait still though since I preordered this one and the wait will be longer for the mail to bring it to me!

15 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I do like the sounds of it . . . and the cover is just gorgeous!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I've heard good things about this series and it seems to be a popular choice. It must be good!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just entered to win a copy of this. I had not heard of it so I am excited! Here is my pick http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Some Girls Bite and Friday Night Bites so much! Alas... My library copy of Twice Bitten hasn't arrived yet, so I will have to wait for however long that takes before I can read this :/ Great pick Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read any of this series yet, but it sounds intriguing! I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing with reviews when i really want to read a book soon! I'll just kind of skim them so that I don't read any spoilers and so that I can develop my own opinion.

    This looks good! I've seen it around, but never really read the description. I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first three books in this series on my tbr pile with the forth coming out I better start reading them.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard great things about this series. I really am gonna have to check this out soon.

    New Follower:)

    My WoW is at http://guiltypleasuresreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE The Chicagoland Vampires series!<3 I'm really excited about this book too - I can't wait for more Ethan! I'm a bit nervous though, I heard it ends with a pretty cliffhanger...
    Just a few days to go, woo hoo!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, this sounds great!! I really need to check out this series! I want to read her YA series as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so ready for this book!! I adore Ethan!! Thanks for stopping by the blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not read any of this series yet but it looks really good! Hope you enjoy it =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have only read the first one but I am going to try and get the rest read soon. They seem like awesome books!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds intense and I always love a good paranormal book. I will probably wait to hear more about it personally though, because there are a lot of paranormal stories that miss the mark.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gahh, that cover is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Btw, I love your blog!! I followed you right away :D

    - Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!