Jun 16, 2016

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

 
The Rules:

  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.

Specific RULES:

  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed FOLLOW as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
 

This week's prompt is: 5 Websites You Love to Lurk Around That Are Not Shopping Sites


MY ANSWER: Ah! That's hard! But good thing we DID NOT say non-bookish!
 

https://www.goodreads.com/
Goodreads is definitely one of them! Whenever I see a book I feel hesitant about on the shelves, I'm rushing off to Goodreads and seeing what the average rating is and what my friends have said about it, should they have read it!


https://jenniferlarmentrout.com/
I frequent Jennifer's website a lot! Check for blog updates, contests, appearances, and new book information of course!


https://s2.netgalley.com/
Netgalley! Where 90% of the ARCs I get come from! So yeah, I frequent this site at least twice a week! I've cut back from everyday! LOL!


http://www.imdb.com/
I'm on here quite a bit too! Looking for new movies or checking out other weird things. Sometimes my Random Thursday related or when I want to double check a date! Also good for seeing what upcoming movies are coming out! Another Underworld movie, for example! And yay Theo James returning!!! 


http://www.dvdizzy.com/index.html
This is where I get my movie release date info when it comes to DVDs!! Great for when you just see a movie in theaters and want to know when it will come out on DVD!









9 comments:

  1. Oh my! You added Jen's site too! I'm so glad! How could I forget it! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I forgot about Netgalley! Great list!
    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm temporarily self-banned from NetGalley! Too many shiny new books and I am not reading fast enough :-/

    Stephanie Jane @ Literary Flits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all of the above except DVDizzy, which I'll need to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot to add IMDB to my list, I spend so much time on there! I think Goodreads is a given, it's been on every list I've seen (including mine!). Somehow it ends up costing me more than any shopping site though!

    Old follower, happy f&f Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I hadn't heard of DVDizzy. Guess where I'll be visiting from now on! LOL. IMDB and Goodreads are big sites for me, as well. And if it weren't for Netgalley, I wouldn't get to read half of the terrific books I do!

    Good luck with your writing!

    Heather
    Bloodthirsty Muses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list NetGalley and IMDb are pretty big in my life haha
    http://www.thebookcove.com/2016/06/feature-and-follow-32-sites-i-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of DVDizzy. GOod to know. what movie are you most excited for to come out on DVD?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!