Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"I slip off my rabbit coat, let it slide to the ground. Lift up the outer skirt of my gown, tear off the kirtle underneath.
Fifer's mouth drops open in horror. 'What are you doing?'
'What does it look like?' I kick the fabric aside. 'I'm going to help.'
'I see that,' Fifer snaps. 'I meant, what are you doing to that gown?'" p 14*
*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.
TITLE: The King Slayer
AUTHOR: Virginia Boecker
PUBLISHER: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Historical Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: June 14, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Reasons I Love Reading
*in no particular order
1. ESCAPISM--I love escaping to different worlds and exploring new places!
2. MAGIC--in books magic is totally real!
3. THE IMPOSSIBLE--kind of goes with magic, but basically, the impossible becomes possible!
4. CREATURES--yeah, I'm a creature girl! LOL! I love reading about vampires, werewolves, witches, demons, exorcists (which is really a person and not a creature, but you get where I'm going with this!), etc!
5. THE BOOK--I love reading the book itself! We've got everything from gorgeous cover, soft smooth silky covers, the smell of pages, the feel of turning a page...reading a book is just soooo awesome!
6. EMOTIONS--I get so many emotions rising to the surface when I read, all sorts! Happiness, giddiness, fear, terror, sadness, utter devastation...yeah, lots of emotions! I love having every one of them when reading too! Though I could do without the tears...it usually means a beloved character was just killed!
7. ANY TIME, ANYWHERE--this is something I can do just about any time or anywhere! If I'm in the mood to read, I will do it! Sometimes that means I'm hauling a big ol' book in my purse, but on a rare occasion I can whip out my phone and bring up my kindle book should I need to! LOL!
8. FANGIRLING--one of the best things is being able to fangirl with other readers who enjoy the same books I do! As a teen, I was alone in my reading habits. Not just that I loved reading, but that I loved Paranormal books, which were insanely hard to find back then!
9. COMPANIONSHIP--I'm not the best socialite, I've always had a hard time talking to people (other than other booklovers) so when I read, I feel like I can connect with the characters. There are a lot of ones I feel like I can relate to or see similarities in struggles and whatnot. Perhaps it's not a "good" thing to say that I feel comfortable with books more than people, but...yeah, sometimes it's true! LOL! Plus unless I'm at a bookish event with other booklovers, I do find it sooo hard to connect with people because we always have too many differences! Books definitely keep me company on bad days!
10. NEVER BORED--these days, I can never be bored! I always have TOO much to read! Which if you told my younger self this, I would've laughed! Because back then I didn't have enough to read! Now I look at my goodreads page and see that I am nearing 300 TBR books! Goodness me! I think it's time for a deep cleanse again!