Jun 14, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I stood watching the space where the bus had been a few moments earlier. Even with the Blue Moon fast approaching, my day thus far had been...strange. Given that I worked in a magical slum, that was saying a lot." p 63













TITLE: Cursed Moon
AUTHOR: Jaye Wells
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 12, 2014 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year


*in no particular order

**Okay for me this is from July-December!! Going to pick ones that I don't have review copies of either, just to make it really anticipated!!


1. CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes--I adore this series!! SO MUCH! I still need to read Frozen Tides, BUT I was trying ever so hard to save myself from the pain of its cliffhanger! I'm 99.9% certain there's a cliffhanger that will kill me. Again.
2. ARCANA RISING by Kresely Cole--YES! It's almost here!! Book 4 is on its way!! And there WILL be a REAL book format too! Amazon already has it up for preorder, so that's what I did last week!
3. THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS by Mary E. Pearson--omg! SOOO need this one!! I don't think I was one of the lucky 50 on Netgalley as there was nothing new for me on my dashboard. :(


4. POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL by Serena Valentino--I still need to read the Evil Queen and Beast's stories but these are just soooo cool!! I read Maleficent a long time ago and enjoyed that, so I suspect these other three will be incredible too!
5. BETRAYALS by Kelley Armstrong--loooove this series! It's so creepy and weird!! Just my kind of read!
6. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--wasn't expecting a sequel to this one but now I am super excited for it!!


7. INTO THE FIRE by Jeaniene Frost--YES TO MORE VLAD!! This is is last book :( but I sooo can't wait to see how it ends!
8. FOREVERMORE by Kristen Callihan--so sad to see this series ending too! It's what introduced me to historical paranormal romance! Lol! A fun genre to say too!
9. MIDNIGHT HOUR by C.C. Hunter--YAY! Miranda's book is on the horizon!! Cannot wait for her story! Or to see who she chooses! Darn love triangles again, but for whatever reason it doesn't annoy me in this series! All the girls had one ironically!


10. TORN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--It's. Almost. Here. IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!! It comes out July 19th! I AM SO EXCITED!! :D

 

27 comments:

  1. Wuuuaattt?! Poor Unfortunate Soul?! I need to check this out!

    Btw, interesting teaser. It makes me wonder what made her day "strange" when she already lives in the magical world.

    Vonnie's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teaser got me curious! Hope you're enjoying the read, it sounds like one I'd like :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Your teaser is so amazing! I am wanting to know so much more about this magical slum. So intriguing and that cover is so interesting. I hope that you are enjoying it! :)

    Here is my My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really intriguing teaser - and looking through your Top Ten list, I spotted a Kelley Armstrong series I haven't been following and... Poor Unfortunate Soul - really??? That's one I also need to check out! Many thanks for sharing. This is my TT
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/teaser-tuesday-14th-june-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for Midnight Hour, Torn and Forevermore (that one is due to you) as well.

    Great teaser, haven't read this book but it looks good.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeeeees! I'm so glad to see Crystal Storm on someone's list I need it months ago xD And the cover!! Great picks :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover and teased for Cursed Moon.


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VLAAAAAAAAAD. I'm going to miss him, but I'm SO excited to see how he and Leila get out of this mess they're in. :) Thanks for checking out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, Betrayals can't get here soon enough huh? I love that series as well. Have you started her new series yet - City of the Lost? I have it on reserve at the library when it finally gets returned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the teaser. Quite a few of your anticipated books are also ones I'm waiting for. My teaser this week comes from The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser! Not my kind of read, but "magical slum" does sound intriguing. Enjoy!

    Here's my teaser from a vintage Sharyn McCrumb mystery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crystal Storm! I am dying to read that book! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crystal Storm! I am dying to read that book! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What the hell is this Ursula book! And what am I reading there!!! Disney villain books? WHAT I have to look this up I need to read this omg, I love disney villains!

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I've never heard of that Ursula book before. I'll have to try it out! Here's my TTT: http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday-29-top-10-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huhhhhh I hadn't heard of Poor Unfortunate Soul before, have to go look at the other books :D Thanks!! Also can't wait for Vlad's book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice list. I haven´t read any of the books that you mention but I´m planning to start reading Kelley Armstrong series this year.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Cursed Moon and really need to get around to reading it soon. Great picks for your top 10 list. I am so ready for more Vlad!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is it me or did Arcana Rising take FOREVER to come out??

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES!!! So many amazing books this year! We have a couple in common (obviously)! I'm so excited for The Merciless! It comes out SO SOON!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm curious about Torn. I read Wicked last year, and enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite JLA book. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I NEED to read The Kiss of Deception already since the series is about to end!! and I've read good things about it...

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting my blog! I keep seeing The Beauty of Darkness. The cover is fabulous so I'm going to have to search out the first book and give it a try. I'm a sucker for a cool cover. Enjoy all of them when they come out!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have Wicked, but I can't decide if I should wait to read this series until all three books are out, especially since it took us a year and a half to get Torn. I'm surprised it doesn't have a cover yet!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. I still need to finish C.C. Hunter's books. I've read like the first 2 or 3 in her main series. I enjoy love triangles, so that doesn't bug me at all. I still need to read the Kiss of Deception, but I'm pretty upset at myself and the 2nd book because I read the description for the second book and spoiled myself! It made me want to cry. I wanted to experience the book without know who the assassin was.

    Old follower

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. So you're forcing me to add to my fairy tale retellings list by including a book from the Villains Tales series. It's renewed my need to buy and read them all. :D

    Mel @ Reviews In A Pinch

    ReplyDelete
  27. So excited for more Vlad! Cannot wait to see how their story wraps up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!