Jun 21, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'Because tight spaces and me don't mix well.' he paused, and mischief suddenly gleamed in his eyes. 'Unless, of course, there's a woman involved.'" p 68




 












TITLE: Flameout
AUTHOR: Keri Arthur

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 5, 2016





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year


*in no particular order


1. RECKONING by Veronica Wolff--it was a long wait but so worth it! I loved this series from the getgo and was ecstatic to finally read it's finale!
2. ASSASSIN'S HEART by Sarah Ahier--this one a unique Romeo and Juliet retelling I thought! Lots of action and what not!
3. UNHOOKED by Lisa Maxwell--I love fairy tale retellings and this was one wicked Peter Pan retelling!


4. THE VAMPIRE'S FAKE FIANCEE by Kristen Painter--I adore this series!! Each novel is so fun and quirky! I love Nocturne Falls!
5. THE WINNER'S KISS by Marie Rutkoski--I binged this series not too long ago and I have to say I was quite pleased! It was far better than I anticipated!
6. RELENTLESS by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs--another fantastic ending! Though I do hope that there might be more one day! Loved the superhero and villain character twist!


7. NIGHTSTRUCK by Jenna Black--this was one that took me completely by surprise! But I must say, I loved it and can't wait for more!
8. LOST by Alyssa Rose Ivy--another fantastic story by Alyssa! I loooove her Chronicles world! That's the best name to call it since all her series are interwoven together and all have Chronicles in their separate series name! :)
9. HUNT by Alyssa Rose Ivy--a new series by Alyssa but yet, it still connects to the overall story world that I've come to know and love!! This one involved Grizzly bear shifters! Hot ones, naturally! ;)


10. THE FLAME NEVER DIES by Rachel Vincent--my only cheat, because I realized I haven't read as many 2016 books as I thought! This was another amazing Rachel Vincent novel and while sad to see the duology end already, I still loved how it ended!







19 comments:

  1. Hmm me thinks he is hitting on her in this tease.

    I have Assassin's Heart. Just haven't read it yet. You had some great picks.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh some of these I haven't gotten to yet. I have Assassin's Heart and Unhooked. Believe it or not, I still haven't read my ARC of The Stars Never Rise... lol I'm so behind! Great list!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize the Rachel Vincent series was a duology. Now I'm even more excited to pick it up. Thanks for sharing your wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does sound definitely flirty in this teaser. My Teaser is from Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler - a retelling of the Taming of the Shrew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any 2016 releases this year. I really wanted to read the Powerless duology until finding some curse words. I haven't started the Winner's Curse series, but I do want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to look for this book. I usually like Keri Arthur but am behind on reading her. My teaser this week comes from a soon-to-be-released fantasy - Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but Assassin's Heart and Unhooked are on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/top-ten-tuesday-62/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of your favorite books this year yet but some are on my TBR! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read The Flame Never Dies. Didn't realize it was the last book :'(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really read books with vampires, but The Vampire's Fake Fiance looks like something I would!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these except for The Winner's Kiss, which I absolutely LOVED! I hope to read Assassin's Heart soon! And I'll have to look into the others!

    Check out my TTT

    Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven´t read any of the books that you mention.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ended up putting Unhooked down 100 pages in so seeing that you loved it makes me want to give it another try... Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eep I haven't read any of these 🙈 I'm really glad you enjoyed them all! I'm hoping to start The Winner's series really soon though!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. +JMJ+

    Naughty teaser! LOL! I wonder how she reacts . . .

    Here is mine for this week: http://shreddedcheddar.blogspot.com/2016/06/jmj-teaser-of-year-read-other-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of the ones on your list, but a few are on my TBR list!
    xo
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still need to check out Unhooked! Also The Vampire's Fake Fiancee looks adorable. I really want to check out that series!

    Great picks! :D

    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!