Jun 8, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Danielle Vega—YA’s answer to Stephen King—once again brings major scares in the spine-tingling sequel to horror hit The Merciless, which MTV calls “Mean Girls meets The Exorcist.”

Sofia is still processing the horrific truth of what happened when she and three friends performed an exorcism that spiraled horribly out of control. Ever since that night, Sofia has been haunted by bloody and demonic visions. Her therapist says they’re all in her head, but to Sofia they feel chillingly real. She just wants to get out of town, start fresh someplace else . . . until her mother dies suddenly, and Sofia gets her wish.

Sofia is sent to St. Mary’s, a creepy Catholic boarding school in Mississippi. There, seemingly everyone is doing penance for something, most of all the mysterious Jude, for whom Sofia can’t help feeling an unshakeable attraction. But when Sofia and Jude confide in each other about their pasts, something flips in him. He becomes convinced that Sofia is possessed by the devil. . . . Is an exorcism the only way to save her eternal soul?

Readers won’t be able to look away from this terrifying read full of twists and turns that will leave them wondering, Is there evil in all of us?
 


There's a sequel!! There's a sequel to The Merciless!! SO EXCITED!!!!

TITLE: The Merciless II: The Exorcism of Sofia Flores
AUTHOR: Danielle Vega
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Horror YA
RELEASE DATE: July 5, 2016



London is in chaos.

Rue and the crew of The Spotted Custard returned from India with revelations that shook the foundations of the scientific community. There is mass political upheaval, the vampires are tetchy, and something is seriously wrong with the local werewolf pack. To top it all off, Rue’s best friend Primrose keeps getting engaged to the most inappropriate military types.

Rue has got personal problems as well. Her vampire father is angry, her werewolf father is crazy, and her obstreperous mother is both. Worst of all, Rue’s beginning to suspect what they all really are… is frightened.

When the Custard is ordered to Egypt, transporting some highly unusual passengers, Rue’s problems go from personal to impossible. Can she get Percy to stop sulking? Will she find the true cause of Primrose’s lovesickness? And what is Quesnel hiding in the boiler room?


Love Gail's books! Though I still need to read the first in this new series! Ever behind it seems!

TITLE: Imprudence
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Steampunk
RELEASE DATE: July 19, 2016  




 

25 comments:

  1. I like both your picks, although exorcism is not really my thing . . . But that book doesn't sound bad so who knows, I might find the courage and go for it!

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, both of them sounds amazing and interesting. Good picks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horror - yikes! Definitely my cup of tea. I tried reading The Historian once and was so creeped out I didn't even make it half way! And that was on the tame side of horror.

    Hope you enjoy your picks!
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, typed too fast. Definitely NOT, NOT my cup of tea!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read The Merciless, but I've heard great things about it. I'm not big on horror, but I may give it a try one day. Great picks!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are great picks but I haven't started either series. I do own The Merciless though so I guess that's a start. I read Vega's Survive the Night and wasn't really impressed. Have you read My Best Friend's Exorcism...I wonder if they are anything alike since they both deal with exorcism and high school? Hope you enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the books sound good! Nice picks!
    Check out my WoW

    ~Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mean Girls meets The Exorcist? *shudders* I think I might be too much of a chicken for that series Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg exorcism? I think I've never read a book like that before :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh just hunted down your review for book one (The Merciless) looks like I need to grab that so I'm ready for book two! Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read books by either of these authors, but I know that I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The firs one seems really spooky! I am waiting on the second one as well.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Merciless seems hella creepy! Imprudence seems adventurous and exciting! Both look like great reads. Hope you enjoy them when you get to read them :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Merciless II sounds too scary for me! I wouldn't sleep at night. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks Jessica.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not my kind of books but I do hope you enjoy them both. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks, love Gail Carriger

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really intrigued by The Merciless! I wasn't a fan of one of the author's other books, but I might give this series a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of Danielle Vega, but her books sound intriguing. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A big YES for Imprudence! I can't wait to read it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES!! I'm so excited for the second Merciless book! I'm going to have to re-read the first one though.

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Booooo, I'm not familiar with either of these! I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance to read them =)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week, Jessica. <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super interesting picks! I will have to look into them!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Imprudence sounds like a great read Jessica! I'm loving that cover! Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to try some of Gail Carriger's adult books! I loved her Finishing School series and I know some the characters carry over. Great picks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm such a huge sucker for boarding school books so that first one really interests me! I STILL have yet to read anything by Gail Carriger so I may change that :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!