Oct 3, 2010

Review--ARC Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Calla has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she’ll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters’ laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything—including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

So I finished Andrea Cremer's Nightshade and based on all the other reviews I have read, I have to agree with them, Nightshade was just awesome!

The action was well paced and the mystery was well developed and it leaves you hanging with questions at the end. The mystery itself is still a little puzzling to me, because it was so vast in some ways, we had to learn everything with Calla in time and get the history of things that have already happened and why these events are important to the questions at hand in the now.

Shay was a mystery himself it was part of the reason why Calla was drawn to him. It also caused problems with her betrothed mate Ren, because as we know from other werewolf books, alpha males can be very jealous and overprotective. And that causes problems for Calla as well.

It's hard to get into the mystery without giving anything away, but there is a mystery or a series of secrets and unanswered questions that threatened to change everything Calla has ever known. Her world starts to crumble around her as she tries to make the right decisions and lead her pack as it should be.

The characters were all enjoyable and there are a vast amount. Mostly the teens that make up Calla's pack and the ones that make up Ren's. Bryn, Calla's second and best friend was an enjoyable character. She was funny and quirky at times and a completely loyal friend and the others had their own personalities as well.

Like I said, I LOVED the book, yet I'm struggling with this review because almost anything I write might lead me towards a spoiler. But like I already said, there was a great mystery buildup, lots of hidden secrets that will change everything! And there is quite a cliffhanger at the end, which I was mentally preparing myself for, yet it still didn't help matters in the end!

I definitely can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy, Wolfsbane which will come out sometime in the summer next year. Not soon enough!

Overall I give the book 5/5 stars! A GREAT read and so worth the wait!

On another note, I am SOOO close to 100 followers, as I write this I have 95, only 5 more to go and then the contest will begin and the prize will be announced. So start spreading the word now to earn extra points! I hope to be able to get the actual contest going by the end of next week, so tell your friends to follow my blog if they like the same books! Click here for details.

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I can't wait to get mine in the mail!
    The love story sounds nice and complicated, one of the ways I like it. I like mystery when well done and it sounds like this one is. I love it when there are well developed characters!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I keep reading the reviews for this book. I'm just torturing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one though I had some trouble getting into at first, like you said, there's a lot of information swirling around with the mystery element. I'm really excited for book two now that I understand everything a bit more, I think I'll be able to really get into the story. Thanks for this early review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review sweety! this looks like such a great book! Congrats on almost reaching 100 followers! I am sure you'll get there soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, and thanks for the link. I love reading about werewolves, definitely my favourite fantastical creature. I haven't seen this book in the shops over here but will keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!