Oct 3, 2010

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)                            

This week’s theme is Best Disney Movies! When I think Disney, I think Animated movies, so most of mine are definitely in that category =P 

Hope you have fun too! 

*She actually got this idea from me!*
My top 5 really hasn't changed too much but here we go anyway:


Snow White: Love the fairy tale behind this! Much longer and a little more interesting than Disney's version, but obviously there is a time limit. I also remember the ride they had at Disney World. The first time I was there, like 2 years old I'm told it was a little scary that it could frighten young children. It was still like that when I went again when I was 5 but they had added Snow White into the ride at the very end. Love Disney World...


Peter Pan: One of my favorite non-Disney Princess movies. I don't know why. I guess the idea of Neverland just sounded awesome to me back when I was a kid. I also LOVE this ride at Disney World. Seriously one of my favorite ones there along with The Haunted Mansion!

The Little Mermaid: The colors in this movie were just awesome! Under the Sea was my favorite song from the movie. I just loved it! And I used to watch the animated cartoon series all the time when I was a kid. 

Beauty and the Beast: One of my BIG time favorites as a kid! So can't wait for this one to re-release from that [insert negative adjective here] vault. Unfortunately I don't have a Blueray, don't know when I'm upgrading, so I have to wait another month and a half almost to get a copy of this one. My old one disappeared and I have a cruddy one that someone copied that we bought online thinking it was the original version. I LOVED this one because as I said, I was sooo Belle, same hair color, same hairstyle, same love for reading, same want of adventure in life as well!

Sleeping Beauty: Which is probably my most favorite Disney movie growing up. Really all these are at a tie, but still, I LOVED this one. As I might have said before my favorite part was when Flora and Merriweather were fighting over what color the dress should be and they started using their magic in a little fight. Of course their attempts without magic were just as cool. As a little girl of course, I was rooting for the pink dress! Now more so blue, but since we see her in the blue dress for the whole movie, the pink was still a little better just because it was different, after watching it several times. Of course now in the merchandise lineup she's wearing pink all the time, kind of missing the blue dress!

3 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite movies. I think it has the most beautiful animation, and Belle is definitely my favorite princess, because she's, sweet, smart, bookish, and thinks for herself. That said, The Little Mermaid has some of the best music of all of them. And the animation in Sleeping Beauty is also beautiful in more of an old-fashioned way. I love when the two fairies were arguing about the dress too!

    -Emily @ Reading While Female

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list!!! Thanks for giving me the idea for this theme! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just can't help ourselves. We all seem to agree that Beauty and the Beast is in the Top 5!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!