Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"Hope always has a purpose. It's a life preserver in miles-deep water, a shelter from violent storms." p 155
TITLE: The First Lost Boy
AUTHOR: Casey L. Bond
PUBLISHER: Self
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 2, 2025
This week's topic is: Top Ten Books That Live in My Head Rent Free (submitted by Emma @damppebbles.com)
*in no particular order
10. BITTEN by Kelley Armstrong--one of the founding "mothers" of my book collection! This was a series I remember feeling hesitant with at first but fast became a favorite!
9. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--same can be said of this one! Especially since it was shelved in romance I thought the romance would overtake the story, but it so didn't!
8. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--lol, again another that was shelved in romance but was definitely more fantasy with a side romance! Fast became a favorite and Maria fast became a good author friend!
9. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--same can be said of this one! Especially since it was shelved in romance I thought the romance would overtake the story, but it so didn't!
8. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--lol, again another that was shelved in romance but was definitely more fantasy with a side romance! Fast became a favorite and Maria fast became a good author friend!
7. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--my first Aussie author book and time-traveling one and you know the "ordinary girl but with magical powers (that she knew she had!)" book! LOVE this one SO much!
6. SHADOWLAND by Jenny Carroll/Meg Cabot--my first ghost book and AHH how I LOVE this series!
5. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--one of the first werewolf books I read and still my absolute FAVORITE! Don't judge this one by its movie because that movie was crap as a book adaptation, but okayish as a teen werewolf movie! Lol.
6. SHADOWLAND by Jenny Carroll/Meg Cabot--my first ghost book and AHH how I LOVE this series!
5. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--one of the first werewolf books I read and still my absolute FAVORITE! Don't judge this one by its movie because that movie was crap as a book adaptation, but okayish as a teen werewolf movie! Lol.
4. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--we all have first loves...and this one is mine!
3. ALCHEMY OF SECRETS by Stephanie Garber--obviously...and for the rest of the picks! Lol. Since we're at book 1 with this one, I have yet to really place it in my scale of love for Stephanie's series, so we'll talk again next year! Lol.
2. ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART by Stephanie Garber--this one was definitely awesome! Love it! But I feel like you can't really love it and enjoy it as much without the knowledge from its predecessor. So...
3. ALCHEMY OF SECRETS by Stephanie Garber--obviously...and for the rest of the picks! Lol. Since we're at book 1 with this one, I have yet to really place it in my scale of love for Stephanie's series, so we'll talk again next year! Lol.
2. ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART by Stephanie Garber--this one was definitely awesome! Love it! But I feel like you can't really love it and enjoy it as much without the knowledge from its predecessor. So...
1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--clearly you all knew this would be #1! This series was so fantabulous for me! It brought me magic, it brought danger, romance, a kind of L.J. Smith Forbidden Game vibe but with a twist! I mean Julian (Smith's Julian) was kind of like Jacks in some ways! Lol.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!