Sep 15, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'I will wait for you.' His whispered words are cracked and wounded." p 343
















TITLE: Unchanged
AUTHOR: Jessica Brody
PUBLISHER: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: February 24, 2015





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: FREEBIE! Top Ten Finished Series I Need to START!


*Mostly inspired by last week's topic! There are finished series in my TBR pile that I still need to START! It's sad really...;)


THE DUOLOGIES:
1. ANYA KALINCZYK duology by Laura Bickle--I've had these two since 2010...I remember that because I got them both at my first RT!
2. ASHES duology by Melissa Walker--was really intrigued with this one! A ghost MC is always a story that catches my eye. And yet, I still must start them!
3. JULIET IMMORTAL duology by Stacey Jay--after reading Princess of Thorns and loving it, and having bought Of Beast & Beauty but needing to read it, I thought, what the heck?! Let's add the first duology of hers to the mix because I heard good things!


THE TRILOGIES:

4. RUBY RED trilogy by Kerstin Gier--so this was one of the very first books I've ever won during my blogging years! I thought it sounded awesome! Time traveling is always something awesome to read! And yet, I still haven't cracked this puppy open!
5. SPELLCASTER trilogy by Claudia Gray--after pretty much loving ATPOY, I was happy to try this one in the meantime. It was another read I picked up at RT, because who says no to free books? And yet, I still haven't read it. It does sound like one I will enjoy! I've heard mixed things about her Evernight series, so I feel hesitant to start that one!
6. THE TAKING trilogy by Melissa West--I heard more good things about this series, so again, I pick up the first book. Then Book Outlet had book 2 cheap, so I picked that one up sometime ago too. I still haven't bought book 3, but I still need to start the trilogy!


7. THE FARM trilogy by Emily McKay--another series I picked up from Book Outlet. I haven't started it yet, nor have I bought book 3. But 2/3 ain't bad. Needing to read 3/3, kinda bad!
8. THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER trilogy by Megan Shepherd--another trilogy I recently picked up because one of my blogging friends told me it was awesome! So I bought the first book, then found the second at one of those huge book sales! Will need to buy book 3 once I get around to reading them!


THE SERIES:

9. THE NIKKI STYX series by Terri Garey--a series that I thought sounded fun and creepy. And reviews were good! So naturally, when Borders was closing (a moment of silence...and tears!!!) I bought all 4 books! Might have taken going to 2 stores, but I got them all! And all remain unread...sigh...
10. NIGHTWORLD series by L.J. Smith--yet another series I need to start. And I even bought the first 2 compilations at Borders as well. I found the 3rd one at TJMaxx first actually. And then promptly went to Borders. This actually might have been around the time I heard the dreadful news. The news that shattered my being and all that! I still tear up or get morose every time I pass one of their old locations. Worse is that one turned into an Aldi's and it's the closest one to us, so my mom shops there a lot. I practically wanted to boycott all the stores that took Borders' locations. Not that it's their fault or anything. Just the principal of the thing! Though it is a tough call saying it's finished since the final book has yet to really publish or republish. There's weird info surrounding that!
11. MYTHOS ACADEMY series by Jennifer Estep--another series I acquired through RTs! Yes, I gained nearly the ENTIRE series from going to multiple and consecutive RTs. The only book I am missing is the 5th one. Which reminds me, next time B&N send coupons, I need to buy that. Might as well have the entire series waiting!



THE UNKNOWN:

12. VAMPIRE CHEF by Sarah Zettel--I call this "unknown" because 1, there are only 2 books, BUT I have yet to read them. So I don't know if it reads like a duology or if it was one of those series that just didn't make it. I got both of these books, again from my first RT in 2010 and was psyched, because FREE books! And I got the first from a party and then received the second for FREE when I met Sarah at the signing day event! And yet, I need to start them, but am a little scared because if it's another unfinished series, I definitely think there will be tears!!










39 comments:

  1. Too short. I want more of your tease.
    Oh, please read Gravity. That was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your review for this title and it sounds intriguing . . . I'm really glad you loved the whole trilogy so much!

    Thanks for sharing, and here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so much passion! :)

    Here's my TT http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2015/09/teaser-tuesday-4-police.html

    Athina @ Between my Lines
    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that teaser! I read the first book in the series and really enjoyed it so I should definitely read the last two. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice topic! I'm currently reading Sapphire Blue in the Ruby Red series. It's pretty good. Some of these others are on my TBR. Great list!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for 'Unchanged' is amazing and that teaser definitely makes me want to keep reading! Also, your Top Ten covers are all soooo pretty.... I hate it because now I want to go buy them all! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you on the number of series I need to finish! I think I've resigned to the fact that I will never finish them all. Completely agree on Borders! That store was great. B&N can never compare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Series...drat those series. I would rather have one giant book and be done with it. I know I have missed some great books, because I think series have become a new thing since the Kindle...I have just started following authors on Amazon to try and keep up on the.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to start The Madman's Daughter series myself. Sounds so good and I love that each novel is the same characters, but a different Gothic retelling.

    Andrea @ Bookish Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I have no clue when Strange Fate is publishing (Night World #10). I guess the name is fitting since no one knows! I see some series that I need to start too! Maybe soon. Hope you get to read some of them soon!

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely recommend the Ruby Red trilogy :) it's fast paced and a whole lot of fun. I'm also thinking of starting the Spellcaster trilogy by Claudia Gray. I fell in love with A Thousand Pieces of You but was really disappointed when I tried out her Evernight series. Let me know what you think if you decide to give Spellcaster a go. :)

    My TTT

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! I really want to read the Ruby Red trilogy! I hope you pick that one up soon so I can see how you like it! :P And you know that I adore the Madman's Daughter series! I'm dying for you to read it!! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven´t read any of the books that you mention but I want to read Ruby Red trilogy.

    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome topic! I was reminded of a few series I need to start myself!

    - Kritika @Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that teaser. So much is left unspoken . . .

    I enjoyed reading your top ten list. I could probably have done a topic like yours too. LOL Several on your list sound like ones I would like. I think only a couple are actually already on my list (Estep and Shepherd). So now you've gone and made that list bigger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this topic. I have so many series I need to start and finish. I've only read The Farm out of this list, but I never continued the series despite loving it. I just forgot :(

    My list

    ReplyDelete
  17. That teaser is short and intriguing! Nice topic! I haven't read any of the books from your list but hope you enjoy reading them!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to read a lot of these as well. Particularly Ruby Red. I own the first two books in the series and I still haven't read them. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great teaser. How can I not want to know more! LOL So many awesome books. I can't choose just one. I'd like to read all of them:)

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/15/teaser-tuesdays-129-floral-depravity/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that a sweet promise or a threat? I'd keep reading to find out more!
    My Tuesday post features A Weekend Getaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cover and teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2015/09/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I started the Nightworld Series, but I didn't finish it even though I own the books. I want to read The Mythos Academy series as well and I haven't started that one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice list and theme for this week's TTT post.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I TOTALLY agree with everything on your list...I really NEED to start those series! I own most of them, too. Bad me! I hope we both get to them soon.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  25. i could have made a list like this one too! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great image in that teaser. Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Spellcaster trilogy looks like something I'd like! You are brave to take on more series. At least these are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've got a lot of finished series books that I have yet to start too. Some of the ones you mentioned, like Nightworld, Ruby Red and Juiet Immortal, but also Paranormalcy, Unearthly, Mara Dyer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and many, many others. I hope we both can eventually get them all read! Thanks for visiting Bookworm Book Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've got a lot of finished series books that I have yet to start too. Some of the ones you mentioned, like Nightworld, Ruby Red and Juiet Immortal, but also Paranormalcy, Unearthly, Mara Dyer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and many, many others. I hope we both can eventually get them all read! Thanks for visiting Bookworm Book Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ruby Red is an awesome book! If you have a chance I would definitely recommend to crack that book open. I've reread that series a few times now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved loved loved the Mythos Academy series. Gwen and Logan ohhh.... I need to re-read it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVED the Nightworld series - it was one of my favourite series as a teen. I'm not sure I completed all of the books, though! I will have to take a look :-D I've also heard great things about the Ruby Red trilogy! :-D

    Sarah @ Novels & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Unchanged sounds really good. That tease as me curious. ;) And I loved your Top 12...I've been making a similar list (those series I need to finish) but quite a few you listed are series that are on my tbr as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I need to read Gravity too! I love Melissa West so I'm sure I'll love that series too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I read Juliet Immortal - it's a strange one. Never read the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!