Jan 16, 2016

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Well, this week wasn't as eventful or wonderful as last week, but that's okay! I don't need to make the TBR mountain bigger every week! But I didn't come out completely empty handed!

Here's what I got...I received 2 more books from my Abe Books order, only 1 more to go! 

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder--the UK YA edition! Sadly this "very good" book came to me looking more like a "fine" or "okay". I REALLY wish these booksellers would actually be booklovers, because booklovers know how to accurately describe a used book. My cover was more bent than described. The spine way more worn than stated. The pages are still great and since this was just for collector's purposes I'm trying not to be too upset about it. But still. 
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder--the UK adult edition! Yes...I have a bit of a problem with buying multiple copies of Maria's books. But I can't help it. We all have that 1 or 2 or more author where we buy their books in nearly every edition! Maria is one of mine! Thankfully this one was "very good" as described. The cover is much better condition than the other.


Then for review from the publisher I received:

Grave Visions by Kalayna Price--so excited for this one! Been waiting years for it to release!


THANK YOU Roc!!


And then I finally received my set of bookmarks I ordered from Happy Hello Art! on Etsy!

 Naturally, I got Daemon and Katy!


And that was my week! Next week is sure to have more books because it's a release day for me! LOL! Though I did have some books come out this week, one at least, but it hasn't arrived yet! Gotta keep waiting I guess! Or camp out at the post office and ask them to just hand it over once it comes in! ;)



 

27 comments:

  1. I am in love with Maria's books and the different covers so I feel ashamed to only own Shadow Study in paperback O.O if there was a series to get all the editions for, it would be Study so I definitely want to start collecting!
    Also those bookmarks are just too cute! I got some this week as well and love them so much <3
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I've always been curious about Maria V. Snyder's Study books, maybe I should give them a try!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when books don't come as described. That makes me sad. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I actually just finished listening to the audio of Poison Study and I loved it! I can see why everyone is obsessed with this series. I had to go ahead and buy the next two in the series!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only book I have multiple covers of is Succubus Blues :)
    I have one of those Price books but haven't read it yet.
    Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bookmarks are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your bookmarks are adorable!! Nice editions of Poison Study, Hope you have another good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so jealous about Grave Visions!!!! I want it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those editions of the Study books! I have at least 3 different editions myself (I think I have 4 Poison Study). I totally understand. I didn't get too many books over the past few weeks (not counting my Book Outlet order), but I know that's going to change since all the new 2016 books are going to start releasing soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those editions of the Study books! I have at least 3 different editions myself (I think I have 4 Poison Study). I totally understand. I didn't get too many books over the past few weeks (not counting my Book Outlet order), but I know that's going to change since all the new 2016 books are going to start releasing soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your addiction to that series and all the different covers it has! :)

    Happy reading!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! The Kalayna Price book is FINALLY going to release? I have been waiting for it forever. Yay!

    My StS: http://bambi-unbridled.blogspot.com/2016/01/stackin-shelves-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grave Visions sounds good, I hope you enjoy. Have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, Daemon and Katy! So cute. I need to read a Snyder book/series at some point. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One day I'll finally read Snyder's series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those editions of Poison Study - too bad the condition of the one wasn't up to par. That's always the hard thing about used books.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You must REALLY love Poison Study! Haha! I guess it might be time for me to check that one out...

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both these books are new to me but I hope you enjoy reading them. Absolutely loved the bookmarks. They are so cute! :)

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you'll leave a comment to the seller, Jessica! It's just not acceptable to pretend the book is in excellent shape when it isn't!
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Poison study! I'm so sorry your copy didn't come looking as nicely as you''d hoped. I'm The same way. I like having the books on my bookshelf look pretty. This is probably why I eventually stopped trying to buy used books. Now I stick to new books only. I buy less, but I buy perfect versions.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those Poison Study covers... they look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Try leggings in black or brown. A pair of shoes in the selected legging color. You should add a brown leather or cloth bag and wooden and/or gold jewelry.

    gold floral maxi dress

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!