Jan 26, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'Look what your guilt has gotten us into,' Greta snapped. 'I swear to God, I didn't survive four years in Mylena only to get thrown in jail in the human world because of you. And if my parents try to ground me because of this, I'm so going to kill you myself.'" Kindle loc. 27%*

*Quote comes from eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.










TITLE: Greta and the Lost Army
AUTHOR: Chloe Jacobs
PUBLISHER: Entangled TEEN
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 1, 2016 




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Freebie Week! Series I (Hope to) Plan to Finish this Year!


*in no particular order


1. GHOST HUNTER MYSTERY SERIES by Victoria Laurie--the last book! Sob! I can't do it just yet!! :(
2. GODDESS WAR TRILOGY by Kendare Blake--yeah still need to read book 2!
3. SHADES OF LONDON TRILOGY by Maureen Johnson--I deliberately waited to read book 2 because of its cliffhanger ending until I had book 3. I've had both for nearly a year now. Sigh...


4. HOURGLASS TRILOGY by Myra McEntire--yeah...still need to read the last one here. Though when I see it I am reminded of that devastating day that the St. Louis signing had been canceled featuring Myra and others AND I missed the impromptu hangout because it happened earlier than the signing time and I had no idea where they were by then and no one to contact. So yes, that was a very sad day. :(
5. DARK ANGELS SERIES by Keri Arthur--just 1 more book! I gotta finish this as her newest series is already started! And I read it! ;)
6. KITTY NORVILLE SERIES by Carrie Vaughn--gasp!! 2 books behind! And one is the long awaited Cormac book!! What is wrong with me?!


7. SPLINTERED SERIES by A.G. Howard--since it just released in December I am thankfully not to far behind for this last set of short stories!
8. THE PROSPERO'S WAR TRILOGY by Jaye Wells--yeah...fell way behind with this one!
9. ASYLUM TALES SERIES by Jocelynn Drake--I even waited until all three parts in the serial novel were out and yet they all remain unread!


10. THE TAKING TRILOGY by Kimberly Derting--well I'm still ahead since the final book doesn't release until May, but I would like to read this series in its entirety by the end of the year! Loved book 1!!





34 comments:

  1. I hope her parents don't ground her! The only one of theses series that I have read is The Taking Trilogy (read book one, decided to wait on book 2 until May).

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that teaser! I think this is a series I'll keep my eyes on ;)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Loved the "I'll kill you myself" part. I can tell that character has personality.

    My Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover! Enjoy! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/teaser-tuesday-lady-of-bolton-hill-12616.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser ... that character can't be pushed around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dramatic teaser! Sounds like venting some stress:) I like the cover art too.
    I have so many different series to finish. I swear, it drives me crazy to think about. LOL

    Here's my TT- http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/26/teaser-tuesdays-144-bone-deep-secrets-can-be-deadly-and-the-truth-can-cut/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your pick for the freebie week for TTT! I just put Untamed on hold at my library and I'm hoping to devour--I mean, read it this weekend. I can't wait to see what else Howard comes up with!

    Here's my Top Ten post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That teaser is a crack up! Sounds like something between me and my girlfriends haha. I have not heard of this one until now, so I am going to look more into it and see if it's for me. Thanks for sharing! :)

    My Teaser Tuesday
    Punkie @Fluttering Hearts Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't help but laugh...grounded. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, what? I thought the Splintered trilogy was finished, what's Untamed?! Off to made google lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don’t forget to stop by BOTH my blogs to check out My TT and they both have different teasers!! Echoing Books (Blog I co-own) and First Dream of Books (My Personal blog) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a feisty heroine. I have been seeing this book around and will be eager to read what you think of it. My YA teaser this week comes from Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely forgot about the Kitty Norville series until I saw your list. I think I stopped at book 6 or 7, so I'm waaay behind. Good for you for trying to finish these series. I have a bad habit of loving the first book in a series, buying the rest and then not actually reading them. :/

    Mel @ Reviews In A Pinch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahaha I almost used this topic xD Believe it or not I haven't started any of these series. I have some of them sitting on my shelves silently begging me though lol. Nice list!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  15. I second your sentiment on Untamed! that's the last one i need to read in the series! i'm a big fan of the Splintered Series though and I am hoping I'll get to meet A.G. Howard in person one day! hope you enjoy it!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard to finish series sometimes! Especially when you are reading as they are released. When you can't move directly on to the next book, it's easy to keep pushing it further and further down the list!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck finishing these series!! I have the first book in the Splintered series and The Taking series. I really need to read them! My TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-top-ten-gothic.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need to read all of these series but such a fun TTT! I love freebies, will definitely think about all those series I need to finish!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That tease from Greta and the Lost Army! I've started that one last night and it's so good! There are so many series that I need to finish and the Splintered series is one of those!

    happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are able to finish the various book series you have list in your post this year!! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY! Great choice of topic this week. I always love freebie week as people always do such amazing topics! I hope you manage to finish some of these. I LOVE finishing series, feels like an accomplishment.

    Here's my TTT post if you want to check it out. I picked non-book romances I would love to see get book adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just need to read Untamed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list! I'd love to make one as well, but I have a sinking feeling it will be way more than 10 series and that I will fail, lol! Good luck with yours! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  24. The only one of these I've read is Splintered and I wasn't super impressed by Untamed. I hope you love it though!! There are a couple more on your list that I'd like to get into though. Infinityglass looks incredible!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a fun read. Here's my TT: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-19e

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds a little feisty. I'm not familiar with Greta and the Lost Army. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have so many series to finish - and start! - it's mind boggling! A few you've listed are on my TBR too. Good luck, I hope you get them read and enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Uh, I am not familiar with any of these series O.o are they good? I might check out a couple.

    Best of good luck finishing them!

    Laura @ psilovethatbook

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have the first novel in the Greta series. Your teaser reminds me I need to bump that up further on my reading list. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark and checking out my teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lots of these series are still on my TBR XD the first books in The Taking Trilogy and Splintered series were some of my most anticipated releases way back when and I can't believe I haven't started them yet! They'll be on my list of series I hope to start and finish in 2016 :)
    Thanks for stopping by Enchanted by YA earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Greta!!!! GAHH I absolutely loved that book. Isaac is the best. Awesome teaser pick!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such is the power of grounding.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Most of these are new to me, but I have heard of and want to read the Ghost Hunter Mystery Series. Hope you reach your goal.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection last week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!