Jun 1, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

This digital original novella is the seventh installment in the series’ prequel arc, and reveals how some members of the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked came to be.

Dorothy Gale’s armies killed Lanadel’s entire family, and she’s determined to seek revenge. She sets off to find the elusive, secretive group known as the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked. They’re rumored to be training their own army to defeat Dorothy. But when she finds them, Lanadel soon learns that she’s seriously underprepared both in fighting skills, as well as magical abilities, and she has to prove herself in order to join the Order and become one of them.


I am enjoying the prequel novellas to the Dorothy Must Die series and I have to say that this is probably my favorite cover out of all the novellas!! SO cool!

TITLE: Order of the Wicked
AUTHOR: Danielle Paige
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
GENRE: Fairy Tales (Fantasy) YA 
RELEASE DATE: June 28, 2016 


Police Chief Delaney Reed can handle the Valkyries, werewolves, gill-men and other paranormal creatures who call the small beach town of Ordinary, Oregon their home. It’s the vacationing gods who keep her up at night.

With the famous Rhubarb Festival right around the corner, small-town tensions, tempers, and godly tantrums are at an all-time high. The last thing Delaney needs is her ex-boyfriend reappearing just when she's finally caught the attention of Ryder Bailey, the one man she should never love.

No, scratch that. The actual last thing she needs is a dead body washing ashore, especially since the dead body is a god.

Catching a murderer, wrestling a god power, and re-scheduling the apocalypse? Just another day on the job in Ordinary. Falling in love with her childhood friend while trying to keep the secrets of her town secret? That’s gonna take some work.
 


Looking forward to a new Urban Fantasy read!! Devon's been a favorite of mine for years now! I had lunch with her (and Jocelynn Drake and Jenna Black) at my first RT ever!! It was SO awesome!!!

TITLE: Death and Relaxation
AUTHOR: Devon Monk
PUBLISHER: self pubbed? can't find anything just yet
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 20, 2016




 

18 comments:

  1. I need to actually start the "Dorothy Must Die" series I Have heard it is amazing!! And how fantastic are they covers?? Great picks this week.

    Feel free to pop over and check out my WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death and Relaxation sounds good, will be waiting on your review.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I would enjoy both picks this week although I haven't stated the Danielle Page books yet. She also has a new series coming out later this year that I am really interested in. Hope you love them both and that's cool about having lunch with such well known authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this prequel is just as good as the rest- or perhaps even better! :D Death and relaxation sounds like it would be a great urban fantasy too! Hope you enjoy these!

    This week, I'm waiting on a prehistoric fantasy! Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you love the Dorothy books, so I hope you enjoy this one too! I still REALLY need to start the series!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy both of these when they're out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crap I still haven't read book two of Dorthy. And DMonk is another author I need to try one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two cool picks! Both look pretty exciting and full of intrigue. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy them :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I still haven't read any of the Dorothy Must Die books. I really need to get on that! Great picks :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks as always!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to start Danielle Paige's books as they sound so good. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Death and Relaxation looks really interesting... Think I will have to add it to the ever growing list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadly I've not heard of either of these two! Though I will be reading Stealing Snow, by the first author you featured. I hope you enjoy both of these when you get the chance to read them, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I still have to read 'Dorothy Must Die'!!! Shame on me... I didn't even know there was going to be a prequel :/

    Nice choices!

    Laura @ PS I Love That Book

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of the Dorothy Must Die series. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks this week, Jessica.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New book/series by Devon Monk? Ooh, I want! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeek, I really need to catch up on the Dorothy Must Die series! I loved that first book so much! Great picks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! New Devon Monk! I must get that one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!