Aug 23, 2026

Stacking the Shelves--The Pretty Awesome Haul

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


Another week in the books. It was mostly uneventful. Work is going through spurts of busyness and not so busy. I think it will really pick up in September as late July and August are sort of pregame territory! Lol. But otherwise things were kind of quiet and mundane. I took another walk through on a townhouse. It wasn't as nice as the first one I saw and really wanted, but it wasn't terrible either. So I put in an offer and supposedly I'll hear back sometime today if it was accepted or not. I'm not getting my hopes up this time, last time I felt so positive and confident and was happy and excited and then I was given a major letdown. So this time I was trying to be more realistic, maybe a bit negative if you want to get down to it. The layout did feel somewhat smaller than the last one and more work needs to be done. The basement that I want to use as my library is unfinished and needs help, so yeah. But again, it's not terrible, it just needs more work than the last one and it's further away from my parents, so yeah. Maybe my less than positive-happy thinking vibes will work in my favor or maybe not. I don't know, after the amount of joy I felt last time I don't want to go back to that feeling again and get the same results. So until next week folks...


But it was still a pretty good week for books! 



The Poison Daughter by Sheila Masterson
Immortal Rose by Alexandra Bracken
The Immortal's Lie by Jade Christy--
I put this one on my "maybe someday" list last year as I thought it sounded like fun and then I got one of my daily book deal emails and saw that this one was FREE for two days, so naturally, I downloaded it onto my defunct kindle--because oh yeah, that sucker would NOT update with any of my new purchases from the last year so I think it somehow died or just can't compute with any new software download because it won't sync any of my purchases from I don't know how many years. So now I read those on my ipad.
The Mist Thief by L.J. Andrews--realized I was missing this one even though I still need to start the series, but decided to order a HC to match my set from Pangobooks! Lol.



Then I won Lisa Loves Literature's monthly contest last month to win some of her books that she was unhauling and I saw she had a few I was eyeing so I entered and WON! Here's what I chose:



The Lure of Wolves and Whispers by Amanda Connolly
The Murder Party by Cindy R.X. He (ARC)
Killing Sadie by Rachel Peterson


THANK YOU Lisa!!






Then I finally received my LitJoy Illuminae Files Collectors set that I ordered over a year ago on their Kickstarter campaign! It is a beautiful set and I was flipping through the pages and it's all in color and just absolutely amazing! Sadly, I found I was missing one of my collector coins, ironically, it was the original one that was in the tier I was buying into--the other two you will see were add-ons! I sent an email to them of course, but it's the weekend, so hopefully next week we can get it squared away as being a total dork I love my non-monetary coins and was devastated to see that this was missing.


Here's my bizarro angled shot to avoid the glare I had going from my ceiling fan light! Lol. But you get the computerized image of each heroine for the titles:
Illuminae
Gemina
Obsidio

and they were all SIGNED by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff!


Then here are the goodies I added on...although the prints (and missing coin) were in the first tier if I recall correctly you could "buy" in to help get this series to come to life!


The Kerenza IV and Heimdall coins
art prints of Kady and Ezra
the Hypatia Emergency Override Collectible Key (my last minute add-on! The two coins you see were totally planned ahead of time! Lol)




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!