Oct 6, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday #698

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books That Conjure Up Happy Memories



*in no particular order




10. THE FORIDDEN GAME by L.J. Smith--this was probably the first "compilation" book I ever found and definitely the first one I read! A whole series in one binding was mind-blowing to me and I loved having Smith's retro cover!
9. THE OUTLAW DEMON WAILS by Kim Harrison--I remember begging my mom to drive me to Naperville to meet Kim Harrison! I had bought one of her tour t-shirts as it might have been one of the first times she ever went on tour and I was too scared to drive myself that far! So my mom drove me! And she even bought the first book of the series and had Kim sign it to "the coolest Mom ever!" or something like that! And my Mom still is that!
8. STRAY by Rachel Vincent--this book finally convinced me that you can find Urban Fantasy books in the Romance shelves at Borders! Lol. Plus it was this series that led me to the OG Pride discussion board and was the catalyst for starting this blog...two books later! 





7. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--more of the same from the last number! Another amazing Urban Fantasy series that was shelved in Romance. This is one of the last books I can viscally remember re-reading before the TBR mountain started!
6. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--one day Amazon recommended a book called Magic Study to me and it caught my eye. Immediately I discovered it was a book 2 and I was like Amazon you dolt! I need to read the first book first! So I get myself a copy of that and was IN LOVE! And it soon started a great friendship with Maria herself!
5. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--an older book I discovered when it was old itself! Pretty sure this was my first werewolf book and I ATE IT UP! It was SOOOO good! Decades later they would make a movie out of it and the two were as different as night and day.





4. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--my first witchy and time traveling fantasy book and omg I fell in love with this one! So hard! Lol. I re-read it dozens of times during those Dark Days. It was just pure magic!
3. ALICE IN WONDERLAND by Lewis Carroll--namely THIS edition! My 4th grade teacher had this in his classroom library and it was one I kept going back to! I loved the illustrations and it was the first time I read the book of the movie I watched dozens of times and I LOVED it! Then I remember in 5th grade I stopped by his room one day asking to borrow it and he said he'd have to look for it because it wasn't where he thought it was. A day or two later it was on my desk in my classroom with a note that said I could keep it! I wish I kept that note, but alas, I did not. But I still have this worn out used book all these years later!
2. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--you never forget your first love! This was my introduction to vampires and I pretty much never looked back! Lol.




And you all already know what's coming next...








1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--naturally! This book was one I devoured and was devoured happily in return! Ironically, its essence reminded me vaguely of The Forbidden Game, but not as deadly! Lol. This would be a series and a world and an author who imprinted on my soul and I just love it! I love it all!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!