May 14, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's topic is: FAVORITE 1ST BOOKS IN A SERIES

*in no particular order

The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
Loved this one, so much happened in the first book that I was just plain shocked and hooked!

The Study Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder
An amazing trilogy and the first book was only the beginning! Was sooo hooked when I first read this!

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
Does this one even need an explanation?

Intertwined Series by Gena Showalter
Took me too long to read this one, but I was totally blown away with this series!

Gods and Monsters Series by Kelly Keaton
Totally loved this one! Might have been one of the first books I read that led me to discover Greek mythology coming back into books!

Another Honorable Mention:

Abandon Trilogy by Meg Cabot
Another book with a Greek mythology twist, just read this one this week and LOVED it!

13 to Life Series by Shannon Delany
By now, you all know this is just a duh! for me! Totally smitten with this series!

And that's it! Won't go further because I know I can come up with more, technically I only did 6, because I was simply reminding everyone of my "duh" book! ;)

9 comments:

  1. now I see why you said you cheated LOL

    Great picks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I've read on your list is Halfway to the Grave! :) I have a lot of books I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out a few of these... :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,,New Follower here...Nice "Top 5" Ive actually been wanting to start the Night Huntress Series for awhile,,,just seem to always get rapped up in something else..and the "Fever" series,,is actually one of favs,,gotta love Barrons,,,but Darkfever,,wasn't my favorite 1sts...anyway,,thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, great minds do think alike! Gotta say I love your picks.Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could I forget Bones and Cat!! Is it illegal to add one more and write a top 6? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Very interesting list. Halfway to the Grave is the only one on this list that I've read. =) The others I'm going to have to take a looksee.

    Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great top 5. Snyder's STUDY series is fantastic. I love the Night Huntress series by Jeanniene Frost - it's wicked hot. I haven't read the others, but do plan on getting the new Meg Cabot book soon. Good reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list. I am actually starting Poison Study right now because I've seen you mention it more than once.

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hi :)

    Megan @Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!