May 27, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?

MY ANSWER: OOh tough one. Usually because the movie is never like the book or as good as the book, I have come to force myself to look at the book and movie as two separate entities. But to answer the question I guess my fave would have to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The first 2 Harry Potters did very well with the book and the last one so far is pretty good too!


My least favorite would've been Blood and Chocolate. The movie was so far off from the book that that was when I forced myself to look at both differently. The movie was still pretty good, it just wasn't like the book at all. Except for character names and the slight plot thread of girl meets boy, girl is a werewolf.




This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

MY ANSWER:Typically I read about 4 books a week. Right now I am job hunting and (agent hunting) so I have some time on my hands. For the most part I read them in regular book format; Old school style! Although a few books I do read on my Kindle, like some e-ARCs if I get them from NetGalley.

13 comments:

  1. Did you change up the look of your blog? I like it :o)

    I have not read or seen any HP book/movie, but I'm going to start that soon. I also did not read or see Blood and Chocolate, but I'll try :o)

    Good luck with the job hunt!!

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 4 a week! I know that is just a bit more than my average but it still is a lot of time!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the movie of blood and chocolate. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend!

    Bookgirl @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could average 4 books a week, I would get SO much more reading done! lol! Good luck with your job and agent hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I find it irritating when they say a movie is based on a book, but the only similarity is the name and maybe a plot line here and there.

    My Hop and Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blood and Chocolate is one of my least favorites too! They totally destroyed it! I was actually thinking about picking it for my Hop post but decided on Ella Enchanted instead. But those are definitely my top two.

    Great post! New follower. :)

    -Andie
    My blog hop post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica, just stopping by on the follow & hop.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has book to movie adversions. Best of luck job hunting!
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi,

    thank you so much for stopping by my blog.


    Have a great weekend!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick on Harry Potter. I've seen the Blood and Chocolate movie, but not read the book. I've heard the book was better. I liked the concept and some of the graphics, but it was still a little boring and I wasn't really feeling the romance between the two. I should really read the book though.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog hop/follow friday as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry about the confusion with the Top 5 Sundays theme!

    I made a mistake =(

    I'll leave the theme I did for this sunday and do Favortie finales for next week... =)

    sorry again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am super excited for Half-Blood. Daimon totally rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's many books! But it definitely depends on what you do. :) I'm hoping to get back to my normal number (or more) when school is over!

    Good luck with the job and agent searching!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hopping by!

    I'll have to check out Blood and Chocolate and see how different they are.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!