May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                            I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Chicks are awesome—and never more so than when they are kicking some serious vampire/werewolf/demon/monster butt.

Chicks Kick Butt is an anthology that features one of the best things about the urban fantasy genre: strong, independent, and intelligent heroines who are quite capable of solving their own problems and slaying their own dragons (or demons, as the case may be).

Edited by Kerrie Hughes and Rachel Caine, Chicks Kick Butt features original stories from thirteen authors, eleven of whom are New York Times bestsellers:

- Rachel Caine (with a story from her bestselling Weather Wardens universe)
- L.A. Banks
- Rachel Vincent
- Karen Chance
- Lilith Saintcrow
- Cheyenne McCray
- Susan Krinard
- Jeanne Stein
- Jenna Black
- Susan Krinard
- Elizabeth Vaughan
- Carole Nelson Douglas
- P.N. Elrod
- Nancy Holder

TITLE: Chicks Kick Butt
AUTHOR: Edited by Kerrie Hughes and Rachel Caine
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
June 2, 2011

I tend to like anthologies! Especially when they are filled with so many of my already fave authors! This has to be one of my most top anticipated anthologies (for adults) of the year! 7 of my fave authors are in this and a few of the other 7 I have read some stuff by and like too!!

REMINDER: Today is the last day to enter my 300 Followers contest! Entries will be excepted til 11:59 PM (CST). Good luck everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I really like Rachel Caine's books will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a title!! I love it!!

    Great pick!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't heard of this one, this is definitely going on my tbr list. It sounds like it's going to be good and that cover is absolutely amazing! ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anthologies, though I don't read them much! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great wow this week chick, thanks for stopping by my blog




    heres my link for others

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is coming out really soon! Thanks for the reminder!:D I'm not a big fan of anthologies, but this one features a lot of my fav authors as well and I can't wait to get it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i haven't heard of this anthology so thanks for featuring it. it sounds awesome. happy reading :)

    Stop by our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this sounds awesome!!! Haha, I love the title too. :) Going to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha this actually sounds kind of awesome, really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh I love anthologies I am definitely going to check this one out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are some great authors in this anthology. Thanks for sharing (plus, I love the title!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks awesome! I'm not a huge fan of anthologies in general because I find there's generally just not enough time for the stories to be any good, but that's quite a list of fantastic authors!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great list of authors!! I was thinking about adding Enthralled to my WoW one of these weeks.. we'll see!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :o)

    Old follower,
    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am typically not an anthology type of gal (unless of course Kelley Armstrong in the author), but I am quite excited to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to know! I will definitely have to squeeze those in (somehow!!)

    I really did love the book though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!