1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"Letters glowed on the exterior of the wall, growing brighter as the heat from within intensified. Ed could just make out the words as the flames began to eat away the wall.
I'm back." p. 64
TITLE: Get Dirty
AUTHOR: Gretchen McNeil
PUBLISHER: Balzer & Bray
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: June 16, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Characters You Just Didn't Click With
*in no particular order
**and on a side note...PLEASE DON'T HATE ME! ;)
1. GRACE from Of Demons & Angels series--at least in this most recent installment! It was moreso she annoyed me with her behavior. She got a little too whiny and it almost came to the point where I just didn't care if she lived or died! Or died again, LOL!
2. KYRA from Midnight Thief--this series really wasn't what I was expecting. Which was sad. I was deeply intrigued, but I think somewhere along the lines I lost interest in Kyra's going abouts.
3. MAE from Gameboard of the Gods--I was deeply sad to not be taken with this series as I love Richelle Mead's other books. Maybe there were just TOO many characters that I never got an understanding of any of them.
5. TERESA from the Maze Runner trilogy--I never quite understood her or her motives. Looking back, I think there was a lot in this series that caused me to pause. So many questions and mysteries. But yeah...never really clicked with Teresa either.
6. SOPHIE from Soul Screamers series--pretty much annoyed me throughout the series. She was a despicable person. Though when we did get her own novella we kinda see into her head and all that. By the end I didn't hate her 100%, but still, she was never among my fave characters of this series.
7. MIRABELLE from Kill Me Softly--really dug in my memory to find this one! I remember really disliking this book too. I guess because I thought Mirabelle was just one of those characters who couldn't see the obvious right in front of her face. She nagged at me and basically, I couldn't "connect" with her.
8. LILY from Reawakened--now don't get me wrong with this one and my next pick. I LOVED the book. Truly loved it. But I didn't really connect well with Lily right away. A rich privileged girl having a rough go of life? Ehh...let's switch lives and let's see how rough you truly have it! So yeah, didn't care for her complaining in the beginning, but she did grow on me in the end!
9. EVIE from The Diviners--another I didn't connect with right off the bat! Mainly because Evie is a total party girl. And at 17, I was pretty much like I am now. A homebody who just loves to read! So seeing her drink and live it up, really just made me feel disconnected! Even with the whole age difference, and time difference! LOL! Still Loved the book though!
10. BELLA from Twilight--enough said, right? And I'm not even touching on the Bella from the movies. But book Bella and I didn't mesh well either!