Mar 15, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"I had seconds to decide. My legs were trapped, my gut tugging me recklessly towards Tamid. To near certain death. My heart tugging me to Jin and escape and the unknown." p 84
PUBLISHER: Viking Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: March 8, 2016 




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books On My Spring TBR


*in no particular order



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25923750-lost?from_search=true&search_version=servicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28575508-reckoninghttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25105196-untamed?from_search=true&search_version=service
1. LOST by Alyssa Rose Ivy--I got this for review and am SO excited to see how Daisy and Owen's story concludes! LOVE this world Alyssa's created!
2. RECKONING by Veronica Wolff--UNBELIEVABLY ecstatic to read this one!! I've been waiting ages for word of another book in this series and Veronica was ever so kind to give me a review copy!! I cannot wait!!
3. UNTAMED by A.G. Howard--I was supposed to read this one months ago it seems like. But then review books got in the way and then I was trying to play the game of reading authors' books before I see them at a signing!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16069030-the-winner-s-curse?from_search=true&search_version=servicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25817463-dorothy-must-die?from_search=true&search_version=servicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23203106-wink-poppy-midnight?from_search=true&search_version=service
4. THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski--Marie will be coming to St. Louis in May, so I'm hoping to binge this trilogy towards the end of the month!
5. DOROTHY MUST DIE: STORIES VOL 2 by Danielle Paige--I've only read one of these novellas and plan to read the other two soonish as well! Preferably before the final book comes out. Not that it matters since these are prequel novellas, but I'm weird like that! ;)
6. WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke--the only one that's not currently in my TBR pile! But will be by next week and I'm hoping that I can read it just before the signing where I see April! It comes out the 3/22 and the signing is 3/25, it'll be close!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20556439-midnight-marked?from_search=true&search_version=servicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21457243-vision-in-silver?from_search=true&search_version=servicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21396155-the-forbidden-wish?from_search=true&search_version=service
7. MIDNIGHT MARKED by Chloe Neill--I got this for review and so excited to read it! I LOVE this series! And yet, I am not ready for it to end!!
8. VISION IN SILVER by Anne Bishop--behind in this series and this was a review book from last year as well as getting the 4th one last week!! Or the week before! Something like that!
9. THE FORBIDDEN WISH by Jessica Khoury--really excited for this one! Love a good retelling and reviews have been positive for this one!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23299513-the-shadow-queen?from_search=true&search_version=service
10. THE SHADOW QUEEN by C.J. Redwine--another fairy tale retelling I am really looking forward to!!!






26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- who does she pick? I want to read The Shadow Queen as well.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also NEED to read The Winner's Curse. I've been hoping to do so but I still need to grab a copy. I've read good things about Wink Poppy Midnight so I'm really hoping to read it as well.. and that cover!! who wouldn't want it?

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm interesting! I love the title though: Rebel of the sands!

    Here's my TT: http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2016/03/teaser-tuesday-14-graveyard-book.html

    Athina @ Between my Lines
    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read an excerpt from Rebel of the Sands which convinced me I needed the book. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it is on the calendar (which means I will read it sooner or later). My YA teaser comes from The Inn Between by Marina Cohen. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Shadow Queen on my list too! I didn't list the Danielle Paige prequels, but I still haven't read the scarecrow and lion's stories. I also have The Forbidden Wish just sitting on my bookshelf. And I just added Wink Poppy Midnight to my to-read list on Goodreads! Amazing list this week!

    Mel @ Reviews In A Pinch

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some great ones on this list!! I really hope you love The Winner's Curse! I really want to read The Shadow Queen and Wink Poppy Midnight too!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I just bought The Winner's Curse and cannot wait to start it! :)

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that teaser! I really do want to read that Rebel of the Sands. I LOVE that series by Rutkoski; I can't wait for the last book :)

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I'm curious about Wink Poppy Midnight. I didn't really like 'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea' but I did like the writing style.
    Have a great Spring!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your teaser! You always pick great ones :) My TBR list is SO long these days. I have a few of the same books that you have! Here is my Teaser: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2016/03/teaser-tuesday-if-you-find-me-by-emily.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an excellent teaser. I can't wait to read the rest.

    My TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you like Wink Poppy Midnight, I finished that one up a bit ago and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope you love The Winner's trilogy, Jessica! I can't wait to read The Shadow Queen and The Forbidden Wish. Both sound so awesome, plus the covers are beautiful :) Hope you enjoy them all!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked The Winner's Curse, I need to read the rest! And I just got The Forbidden Wish from the library, it sounds awesome. I want to try the Splintered series eventually too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved The Winner's Curse and Forbidden Wish. Both are wonderfully written books. I need to read the Splintered series. I always hear amazing things about it.

    Great list this week!

    Alexis @ Stay at Home Reader

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rebel of the Sands is definitely on my TBR list! Great teaser :D Hope you enjoy all your spring books too!

    My teaser is from Envy of Angels by Matt Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read the Dorothy Must Die series, but I haven't had a chance to get to them yet. The Shadow Queen also looks interesting. I hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm wondering who she picks, or if she's left with a choice at all. Nice showcase of books today:)

    My TT - Laura @ fuonlyknew

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVED The Shadow Queen! I hope you do too! Also I need to read The Forbidden Wish too! I was so excited for it's release, but then I just never got to it :( Hope we can get to it soon!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've had Splintered around my house for FOREVER and still haven't managed to get around to it. It's Alice in Wonderland related, what's wrong with me?! Wink Poppy Midnight, The Forbidden Wish, and The Shadow Queen are all on my list as well. I have a thing for retellings! :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Shadow Queen was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-48/

    ReplyDelete
  22. No matter how many times I see the cover for Vision in Silver, I always have to stop and look at it! I hope you enjoy your spring reads!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting my blog! I just saw The Forbidden Wish somewhere else. I love retold fairy tales so hopefully this will be a good one. Enjoy your spring reads!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like she's in a tough situation, being tugged in two different directions. Intriguing tease. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh Untamed! I still need to read that one too! Love that world.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved the Winner's Curse. I hope you enjoy it. I need to re-read Splintered soon to catch up with AG Howard's series. Happy Spring reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!