Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE4. Name the title, author, etc.
"Wrong, wrong, wrong, my inner alarm screamed.
The wind kept gusting, first into my face, then from behind me, then swirling, and with each gust the trash moved--but didn't blow away.
A shape started to emerge from the trash. A head. A torso. Two arms, two legs.
Not possible." Kindle loc. 19%*
*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.
AUTHOR: Jenna Black
PUBLISHER: Tor Teen
GENRE: Horror YA
RELEASE DATE: April 5, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Books/Series I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough/In A While
*in no particular order
1. THE WATCHERS SERIES by Veronica Wolff--this series kind of fell of the bookshelves awhile back and I hadn't lost hope with it but I've read all of them and my reviews are here for the liking! But I am THRILLED to say I just read the FINAL book in the series that Veronica sent me and I LOVED IT! You can expect my review next week!!
2. CHARLEY DAVIDSON SERIES by Darynda Jones--here I have no excuse. None!! I'm a terrible reader for getting sooo far behind in this series! I've been struggling to get caught up with other series and finishing some and then it was review books and reading books prior to signings...hope to get back to this series very very soon!
3. THE IRON DRUID SERIES by Kevin Hearne--see the reason above! Literally word for word!
4. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--how I ADORED this book as a teenager! It was one of the rare gems; a paranormal-y YA read in a world where there were so few to be had! Aka, the early 2000s. Scary times my friends, scary times! But this one was SO incredibly good! I re-read it several times because it was a favorite of mine! Time traveling, magic, witches, curses, and of course, a bit of romance!
5. THE FORBIDDEN GAME TRILOGY by L.J. Smith--this was my first series by L.J. and I think it's still my favorite vs The Vampire Diaries, which I did read as well! It was exciting and thrilling and a bit tragic in some ways. A lot of scary stuff happens, and did I mention someone DIED in the FIRST book?!
6. DARKWORLD by Cara Lynn Shultz--a read that was SO amazing, I was left heartbroken when a sequel wasn't present right away. Goodreads currently says in August 2016 we get the Untitled one, but I have my doubts. Still hoping for one though!! I love a good ghosty read!
7. STUDY SERIES by Maria V. Snyder--I feel like it's been awhile since I mentioned this series! Which is probably another word for last month! Though you all pretty much know how I adore Maria's books! Sooo excited that this series was picked up for the second and current trilogy!
8. FALLING KINGDOMS SERIES by Morgan Rhodes--eegads I am behind on this series! By 1 book yes, but that kills me! Though these endings kill me! So I'm saving myself a little bit of pain with the waiting. Sort of. Not really. But perhaps in the endgame? But this fantasy series is far more awesome incredible than I ever could imagine!
9. THE MEDIATOR SERIES by Jenny Carroll/Meg Cabot--because I feel that old--LOL--I read this series with these original covers and yes it was phenomenal! Again, this was in the years where there was NO Paranormal YA section at the bookstore, but one lump of YA books. I found this gem hidden in the shelves and was pretty much hooked from the getgo! I think after I read the first one I immediately bought the next three! And it was discovering a 5th and 6th and yes, 7th book over the next several years that led to many happy dances in Borders! If their security tapes still exist I am sure you will see those two times since the third one was done in my room reading about book 7 on Meg's blog! This series will always hold a special place in my heart!
10. SHADOW SERIES by Erin Kellison--while scanning my shelves for inspiration this one caught my eye! I loved Erin's Shadow series! It was soo fantastical! It's like Dark Fantasy for adults! In a way, some of them reminded me of a fairy tale or two. Just in a few elements here and there! It was quite the series!!