Mar 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


There's a reason they say "be careful what you wish for." Just ask the girl who wished to be thinner and ended up smaller than Thumbelina, or the boy who asked for "balls of steel" and got them-literally. And never wish for your party to go on forever. Not unless you want your guests to be struck down by debilitating pain if they try to leave.

These are things Lennie only learns when it's too late-after she brings some of her uncles' moonshine to a party and toasts to dozens of wishes, including a big wish of her own: to bring back her best friend, Dylan, who was abducted and murdered six months ago.

Lennie didn't mean to cause so much chaos. She always thought her uncles' moonshine toast was just a tradition. And when they talked about carrying on their "important family legacy," she thought they meant good old-fashioned bootlegging.

As it turns out, they meant granting wishes. And Lennie has just granted more in one night than her uncles would grant in a year.

Now she has to find a way to undo the damage. But once granted, a wish can't be unmade...
  


I think this one sounds rather cool!! I have a book by her to read as well! I think it was her first one! It was very thriller like!!

TITLE: Down with the Shine
AUTHOR: Kate Karyus Quinn
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Modern Fantasy YA (a hard one to generize!)

RELEASE DATE: April 26, 2016






29 comments:

  1. Yes this book is also on my TBR list! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing read! The cover is gorgeous too.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author but this sounds interesting and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I'm super excited for this one too Jessica! I was looking forward to it before I knew it had a paranormal element, but not I'm even more excited about the whole wishing aspect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read this one myself. That title makes me want to drink and I'm not even a drinker. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so weird! But in a good way. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The series sounds amazing and the cover is also so interesting! I really felt like taking a sip! :P
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! I remember seeing this one and I just love the sound of it! Very unique :)

    Lovely pick

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really cool and very different! I'm looking forward to it, too. I hope we both enjoy it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to me but hope that you get a chance to read it soon! Happy wednesday and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think this one is for me, but I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic day. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this one sounds really good too! I requested an ARC, but haven't gotten a response yet. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting my WoW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is new to me but it does sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first I've heard of this, but it sounds awesome!! The cover is gorgeous too! I'll definitely be checking it out!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed this book! I thought it was a fantastic stand-alone and it had a really funny urban-fantasy kind of feel to it. I can't wait to hear your opinion about it when you read it.

    http://novelsandnecklaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does sound cool! I hope you enjoy it once you get your hands on it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're always picking covers that I'm like ooooh I like! :D This one does sound rather interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quinn's books are always soo....odd?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only recently learned of this one myself, one of my favorite bloggers I follow is really excited about it too. Going to add this one to my wishlist now, thanks for featuring it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm excited for this book, it sounds like such a different book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a pretty and eye-catching cover!!! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. down the shine looks super good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds so interesting! Definitely going on the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! This sounds so good. I think I'd enjoy Down with the Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd heard of this one a while back and forgotten about it. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  26. Down with the Shine, now that sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choice! I think I might be giggling over the synopsis, though. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  28. This one sounds so good and I hadn't heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!