Sep 26, 2021

Stacking the Shelves--2 Week Haul

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Shockingly, I didn't really add much to my TBR pile last week when I was MIA. I definitely got a lot more this week when a few special edition books came in and then I got a coupon from B&N so I bought a book off my wish list since I was pretty up to date on new releases. A few Etsy shop orders came in...more were placed, lol. So yeah. There you have it!

 

Here's what I got:

 


 

A Void of Magic by Sandy Williams
The Sun Down Motel by Simon St. James
White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson--already read and reviewed!
The Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa--the Fairy Loot edition!


Next up I'm going to show my The Bookish Box editions of the From Blood & Ash series to date. If you haven't received your copies yet or don't want to see the dust jackets please skip on down to the next set of pictures! I didn't take a picture of them without the jackets as I am writing this post late and was too lazy, lol!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


Almost there...


*
*
*
*
*
*


From Blood & Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout

plus bonus sticker and art print!

 

The dust jackets are really pretty but they're a little too tinted red, it makes them hard to photograph as you can see here. THe sprayed and stenciled edges are absolutely gorgeous though!!


Then I got my first enamel pin from A Touch of Magical Designs! I was really taken with the cupcake pin series, so I preorderd the second runs of the first two and the pin banner, which will take awhile to arrive, but I did get the third cupcake pin which is for Shadow & Bone!

 

Then I decided to cave and buy a new book sleeve since now the "thing" is having them with a zipper. I've been very, very hesitant to have one of these due to the tightness of sleeves and the zipper possible hurting the top of the book. When I tried sliding a book in this one, there was a moment of scariness, but a quick flick of the wrist seem to take care of it. I won't be replacing my entire collection with this set, as I feel like I still like my regular sleeves, but can see the usefulness of protecting the entire book with a sleeve, I just worry what my THICK books will do in this, what with the zipper enclosure and there being that slight chance of it catching in the pages. I might not be able to use these with THICK books like I've done in the past. But we shall see.

This gorgeous spooky beauty came from Story Time Sleeve--the first shop I discovered when supplying myself with these sleeves! Lol!

 

Then last week I won a set of character cards from Brigid Kemmerer's newsletter contest! Currently my signed copy I ordered of the book is being held hostage at a PO in NJ. Hopefully they won't hold it much longer, it's been there since Tuesday. 

Anyone know of any issues up that way? I know they had weather earlier in the week, but didn't know how things turned out later in the week. So my anxiety of my precious book mail is rising!


THANK YOU Bloomsbury YA!!


And then happily my alternative cover of Once Upon a Broken Heart also came this week! I was dying for it to arrive when I was seeing others getting theirs the week before! It's sooo pretty! Now I'm just waiting for my "extra" copy to arrive on Tuesday so I can put this one on it!

I'll have to take a better picture of it when my book arrives and I have it on there all nicey nice! I had it sitting under a pile of books for a few days to get it to lay flat. Now I just need my book! Hopefully Tuesday...:D


THANK YOU Flatiron Books!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!