Sep 28, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays


 Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

While the book is definitely not one of horror, this teaser is pretty horrific. Be forewarned! 

 

"I tear apart every book on my shelf, rip them to shreds. The bindings snap, the pages tear, and I wish they would bleed. I wish I could bleed. She's dead because I'm not. Because I'm still here, bait in a trap, a lure to draw the Scarlet Guard out of their sanctuaries." p 123


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: King's Cage
AUTHOR: Victoria Aveyard

PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: February 7, 2017

 


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Authors I Want Another Book From

 

*in no particular order

 


10. LIA HABEL--I LOOOOVED the Dearly, Departed series. Sadly it was another one that ended without the final book. This was more to do personal issues for the author. She did write another book separate from this world a few years later, but then that too didn't go anywhere else.
9. JEANNIE HOLMES--this was a series that was canceled due to low sales. It was sad as I was a fan of the series! It was the perfect Urban Fantasy read and yet, others felt differently apparently.
8. ALWYN HAMILTON--two years ago, she was promoting a new series, then it got delayed and I thought it was related to Covid, but then it was delayed again, and now it's in limbo as far as I know! Has anyone else heard differently?
 
 
 
 
 
7.  KADY CROSS--I know I still have a ton of her adult books in my TBR pile, but I noticed she hasn't written any more YA books lately under this name. I was sad as I discovered her as a YA author and really enjoyed her books.
6. LAUREN OLIVER--another author who hasn't seemed to written anything in the past few years. I was enjoying Lauren's thriller/mystery-esque reads and was hoping she'd write more like those!
5. KIMBERLY DERTING--I adored her Body Finder series and though I tried her next series it wasn't for me. I did really enjoy The Taking though! But that seems to have been her last series. I know she worked on picture books but I was always hopeful she'd return to YA, or even adult books!



 



4. TARA HUDSON--though it's been a few years since her series ended, I always hoped she'd come back with something new! I'm also reminded of the time I missed her appearance in my city because the signing had been canceled and she announced an impromptu gathering that was happening at an earlier time than the initial event, and I totally missed it. Still cry over it when I see her books on shelf.
3. MARIANNE CURLEY--I still need to read this latest one from 3 years ago, but I always loved her books and would never say no to more!
2. VICTORIA SCOTT--I still need to read this one but was dismayed to find it's the last book she currently has out. I still follow her on social media, but haven't seen her mention anything about writing a new book. 




1. RICHELLE MEAD--I've loved pretty much every book she's ever written! I still need to read the last of her Glittering Court trilogy but was a tad upset to see she has taken a break form writing of sorts. No clue if she'll write another books for us, but I'd never say no to more from Richelle!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!