Sep 30, 2021

Random Thursday

 

Today we've a bit of a mishmash with the pop culture facts in Shane Carley's True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t. I am really enjoying this chapter since it mentions movies or TV shows or actors that I know or at least heard of! Lol.


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, also wrote the screenplay for Battlefield Earth.


And John Travolta starred in it. Interesting.



(image borrowed from Sound Cloud)

If you were to play "Stairway to Heaven" backwards you might hear odd messages. Though the band denies every writing/playing the song to intentionally have these messages, it's also been proven to be impossible.


That's freaky!



(image borrowed from StarWars.com)

Did you know that despite being an iconic character in Star Wars, Darth Vadar only appears onscreen for a total of 12 minutes.


I feel like I heard this once before somewhere.



(image borrowed from Vocal)

Did you know that Sid's carpet in Toy Story was based on the carpet of the hotel in The Shining?


Such similarities...it's frightening! Lol.



(image borrowed from CBS News)

Did you know that (at time of publication of this book, so 2017) only one person has ever guessed the exact price of their showcase on The Price is Right? Many accused him of cheating, but it apparently was legitimate.


I definitely never saw that episode! I always thought it was cool when someone won BOTH showcases! I honestly haven't watched much of this show since Bob retired. I always envisioned going on this show with my grandma and other family members when I was of age as I remember watching this a lot at her house growing up. Sadly that never happened.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!