Sep 5, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

I survived another week. Somehow. It wasn't pleasant. I had one job interview Friday, but the more I heard about the job, the less enthused I found myself. Honestly, when I heard they'd have me "run errands," I pretty much checked out. I'm doing that now and I do not like it at all. A post office run I don't mind. It's the playing mailman, playing Door Dash that I have a problem with. I've another interview on Wednesday morning before work, so hopefully that one will go well...and that I can make it to my job on time. Other than that, there's really not much to report. I plan to enjoy the last of my three day weekend, with maybe some picture taking today and hopefully a lot of reading tomorrow!

I picked up a nice little stack for myself this week. It started slow, but then I went to B&N on Saturday to do an in-store pick up and then impulse bought 2 books that were in the book haul sale, so it wasn't a total loss!

Here's what I bought:

 


 Coached in the Act by Victoria Laurie--I still need to read the first book, for that matter, I need to get caught up in the Psychic Eye series so I'm ready for this next spinoff!
Escape from the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz--I read the first Descendants book and liked it! It was cute and I've bought the rest of the series as I saw them down the road, hadn't bought this one but when it was 50% off at B&N I thought why not?
The Witch Haven by Sasha Peyton Smith--sadly the copy they picked out for me has a tear in the spine dust jacket. Didn't notice until I got home and was taking off all the annoying stickers and just thought it wasn't worth going back to complain about.
Conceal, Don't Feel by Jen Calonita--I have this one on my Kindle, but I never pass up the opportunity to own the real book when it's cheap! So the Kindle copy gets booted! Lol!
The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins--I got this one FREE with my Penguin Rewards! I plan on reading this one as soon as I finish my current read!!


Then for review from the publisher I received:

The Righteous by Renee Ahdieh (ARC)


THANK YOU Penguin Teen!!


And that was it! I did hit up Target's $1 section when I saw they put THAT Halloween stuff out, but not the rest of the good stuff yet. So I picked up a few items for my giveaway next month and then a plethora of little jars that have Halloween like names and confetti or glitter inside! Hello Halloween Bookstagram props!

What all did you get this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!