Sep 7, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'It's crazy,yes. But the world is full of things that are crazy and wild and unbelievable.'" p 55


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The House
AUTHOR: Christina Lauren

PUBLISHER: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: October 6, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile on My Face

 

*in no particular order
**when I read the "your" I thought mostly of my own self, but I'd still recommend these to others as well!



10. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones--Charley cracked me up! From the quotes before every chapter, this series had me in stitches from start to finish!
9. THE IRON DAUGHTER by Julie Kagawa--I chose the second one because I felt like the dynamics between Puck, Ash, and Grimalkin were a bit more established and the jokes and snarky remarks just kept coming!
8. KILL THE FARM BOY by Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne--this one had me from the title! It was quite the parody of high fantasies and Mel Brooks films, in my opinion. I still need to read the last two books of the trilogy though!



7. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--meet Janco had me in stitches! I love that guy! The story itself brought a smile to my face as Yelena is such a strong character and I just loved her!
6. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--another book that just had me laughing so much that the memory of it brings a smile back to my face! Cresswell was a riot! I love that snarky flirty kind of guy!
5. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--speaking of snarky! Granted I didn't like Daemon right away, but I loved how Katy handled him and how though she did find herself attracted to him, she wanted nothing to do with him. I will forever love the spaghetti scene most! Lol.



4. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--this one just brings back happy memories of my younger self who was looking for a YA Paranormal title and I found this beauty! I found myself relating to Kate in her awkward, unpopular status. Sadly, I wasn't a gifted witch.
3. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--naturally this one will forever bring a smile to my face!
2. OBLIVION by Jennifer L. Armentrout--omg, a mega-sized book that is 100% Daemon's point of view? Yes please! I loved getting inside his head and knowing why he did the things he did in the beginning. And of course his constant pestering of Katy was just a riot since he was doing it just to get a rise out of her! Lol.



1. LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber--did I surprise you? I bet you narrowed it down to three books though! Lol. I LOVED Caraval, but I think I might have loved Legendary just a tiny bit more because of Tella! I loved this girl and her fierceness. She was never afraid to tell it like it was. I just loved her sass and spunk!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!