Sep 24, 2021

The Personal Library Book Tag

 

So I found this fun tag the other day and thought it would be fun to do it since I love these kinds of tags! I discovered it at 24hryabookblog and the image above was borrowed from the post as well!

 

Rules:

  • Answer the questions/prompts
  • Tagging isn't required, but feel free to do so
  • Feel free to use the graphic, but provide credit back to 24hryabookblog or create your own!



HOW DO YOU ORGANIZE THE BOOKS ON YOUR SHELVES?

 

I'm old school, mine are alphabetized by author's last name. If they author has more than one series/book on my shelf, then they go in the order that I read them in. Though nowadays I have to pick favorite series from authors with multiples as I'm running out of room! I need more bookcases! Lol.



ANY PARTICULAR AESTHETIC OR NICHE GENRE OF BOOKS YOU'D LIKE TO SEE MORE OF ON YOUR SHELVES?

 

 I seem to be on YA quick these last couple of years. So I wouldn't mind reading more of my "adult" books that I have piling up or just having more fun "adult" urban fantasy books to read as well.



PICK A BOOK ON YOUR SHELF AND SHARE THE PERSONAL STORY BEHIND IT.


I've always told the story of my first vampire book that got me into reading, so this time I'm picking Vampire Academy, yet another vampire story! This was the book that led me back to YA! I had "left" the genre after all I could find on the shelves at the store were contemporaries and I was just bored to tears with those, so I traveled to the "adult" section and found happiness there. Then around the time of Shadow Kiss, an online friend told me I HAD to read Vampire Academy because she thought it would be something I enjoyed. And I did! It was basically the book that got me looking at the YA shelves again and seeing that the YA Paranormal genre had finally took off!



NAME A BOOK (OR BOOKS) IN YOUR PERSONAL COLLECTION PEOPLE WOULD BE SURPRISED TO SEE YOU OWN.


Though I had longed talked about it here on my blog, I still like to pick The Count of Monte Cristo! After people hear me talking about my love for paranormal books, fantasy books, the occasional thriller...I think seeing a straight up classic on my shelf might throw them...especially since it's not Dracula, even though that one is on my shelves too! Lol.



WHAT'S A BOOK THAT YOU OWN THAT'S STILL ON YOUR TBR?


There's a lot of books that could fit that question! There are ones I bought/obtained at my first RT Conference in 2010--the height of this blog's heyday--and even ones from the multiple closing sales at Borders, my beloved bookstore that is forever gone. One of those books was Night World, Vol 1 by L.J. Smith...as well as the other two volumes of the series. 



NAME A BOOK (OR BOOKS) THAT YOU DESPERATELY WANT TO ADD TO YOUR PERSONAL LIBRARY.


   I would say the UK ARCs of Legendary, Finale, and Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber! Stephanie is one of my all time favorite authors and though I was lucky enough to get the UK ARC of Caraval, that was all I was able to add to my personal collection. I never seem to have anything worthy enough to trade for them, so alas, they remain the forever dream!

 

 

And if anyone feels like doing this fun little tag, considered yourself tagged! 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!