Aug 29, 2009

Review--Blood Promise


BOUND BY LOVE, BUT SWORN TO KILL...

THE WORLD THOUGHT DIMITRI WAS DEAD. AND TO A CERTAIN EXTENT HE WAS. BUT I HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO FORGET A CONVERSATION HE AND I ONCE HAD. WE'D BOTH AGREED THAT WE'D RATHER BE DEAD--TRULY DEAD--THAN WALK THE WORLD AS STRIGOI. IT WAS TIME TO HONOR OUR WORDS.

Guardian Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same. The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck; a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count.

But only one victim matters...Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa--her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess--or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now with everything at stake--and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend--can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

Readers who fell in love with Rose, Lissa, and Dimitri won't want to miss Blood Promise, the much-anticipated, epic fourth novel in Richelle Mead's enthralling Vampire Academy series.

I have 3 words for this book: OH MY GOD!

Yeah I know, not real descriptive for reviewing purposes, but seriously this was by far the best book in the series to date. I don't even know where to begin. Obviously I can't explain everything that happened because that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. So glad that I got to finish it today before school really kicks into gear.

Okay, all the players return, yes even Dimitri, that's not too much of a spoiler since the jacket says Rose is going after him to kill him. Well they meet up, there, won't elaborate. I want to, but I won't!

The characters in this book, let alone the series are amazing!! I've never really read a YA book/series that I became so in love with. Seriously. If I had to pick between this and the Twilight Saga, Twilight wouldn't stand a chance! Rose is by far a better heroine than Bella, no offense to Stephenie Meyer or any Fans of hers. I still enjoyed those books, I just find these more entertaining. Mostly because there is action. Vampire Academy doesn't focus on the romance and what happens around them. Vampire Academy focuses more on what's happening due to the romance, or something like that. There's romance, but it is not the focal point. Rose's whole mission to kill Dimitri is done out of her love for him--hence their romance.

Even the secondary characters are awesome, there are a variety of newbies in this book and they are so...real, I guess. It's not just here's a person with a witty sense of humor and a sharp tongue, you actually see that person's actions and get that same sense of who they are. Richelle practices the adage: show, don't tell, very-very well! She shows us everything!! And tells what cannot be showed!

And since Rose is half-way around the world that's not to say that we don't get to know what's happening at St. Vlad's, we do, through her and Lissa's bond. Which is how we learn about more characters, ones who seem eerily familiar. Hmm.....;)

There are a few new mysteries, I guess we can say, that pop up that will make their purpose in the next two books, or hopefully in the next one more-so. And one old one, that I can recall, is solved. That's all I'll say on that part, again I don't want to give away even the slightest clue that could lead to a spoiler, so my clues, hints are vague. My apologies. The only way to make any sense of what I'm talking about is obvious...you have to read Blood Promise!!

Seriously, after reading the book, my review, with the vague clues will make a LOT more sense. Trust me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!